Good Morning and welcome to a 3D Thursday Team Blog Hop! Happy New Year! Because there are 5 Thursday's in the month of January, the four of us decided to start the year out with a blog hop. And what great timing, our Occasions & Sale-A-Bration Catalogs go live for everyone today.
For our blog hop we are all altering an Altoids Tin like you see below:
Which flavor is your favorite? I think I'm in love with cinnamon! I had never tried these and Sarah graciously mailed me these two flavors so I could try them. She warned me that they are quite addicting and she was right! You can't have just one! Thanks Sarah!
I decided to turn mine into a Valentine's Treat Box:
The color of the tin was perfect for my project. Here are the brand new products I used on my tin:
*Meant To Be Stamp Set
*Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies
*Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies
The stamp set and die bundle were both perfect and here's a photo of the inside of my box....with only a few of the Altoids missing. I just couldn't resist! I won't tell if you won't!
I even included some of the layers inside my tin. First on the inside of the lid and then I added a loose-fitting Whisper White Cardstock panel with the sentiment stamped on the front and just layed it over the tissue-wrapped candies. Here is a grouping of photos to show you all of the detail on the top of the lid and inside the lid:
Would you like the measurements of my layers? Of course you would and I'm happy to give them to you!
Outside Lid: (this is the cinnamon flavored tin)
- Layer #1: Powder Pink Cardstock 3-1/2" x 2-1/8". Use the Detailed Trio Punch to round off the four corners.
- Layer #2: Call Me Clover Cardstock cut with the Rectangle Stitched Framelit Die that measures 3-1/8" x 1-3/4". Glue to Layer #1 using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Layer #3: Cut out the cluster of hearts using the die and Merry Merlot Cardstock. Glue to the top of the box. Keep the small heart guts that fell out from cutting the die shape.
- Hearts: Stamp the large heart using Powder Pink Ink and the small heart using Merry Merlot Ink. Cut both hearts using the dies and glue the hearts to the top of the box using Stampin' Dimensionals. Add one of the largest hearts from the Heart Epoxy Droplets on top of the smallest heart.
- Sentiment: Powder Pink Cardstock 2-1/2" x 1/2". Stamp the sentiment using Merry Merlot Ink.
- Small Hearts: Use the heart guts from the cluster of hearts that was cut out and glue two of them to the sentiment layer.
- Repeat the same first two layers on the inside of the box gluing them both flat.
Candy Overlay Layer:
- On top of the candy, I placed a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3-1/2" x 2-1/8" and stamped the sentiment using Merry Merlot Ink. Cut the corners using the Detailed Trio Punch. Lay this cardstock layer on top of the tissue-wrapped candy.
I can't wait to see what my teammates have created and I will now direct you to Susan Itell's blog. You can click on the "next" button below. Be sure to visit all four of us on the 3D Thursday team to get so super-fun ideas!
Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team