Happy 4th of July week and welcome to our Color Fusers July Blog Hop everyone! Our color challenge this month uses colors perfect for the 4th of July but you can always create a non-4th of July card just like I did here:
The Healing Hearts stamp set is one of our "DistINKtive" stamps which means that the stamp was actually created by using an actual photograph, making it photorealistic. I love how realistic the rose and leaves look on this card. Here's a close-up:
Here are the layers of my card in case you would like to create one just like it:
- Card Base: Blueberry Bushel Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 1/2" x 5-1/4". Glue to the left-hand side leaving 1/4" on the edge. Balmy Blue Cardstock 3-1/2" x 5-1/4". Stamp the branch image using Blueberry Bushel Ink. I stamped on the top and bottom right-hand corners and in the center where the rose will be glued. Glue cardstock layer beside the white layer.
- Layer #3: Brights Paper Pack (Poppy Parade Sheet) 1/2" x 5-1/4". Glue on top of layer #2 where the two cardstock colors meet.
- Layer #4: Using the two largest of the Layering Circles Dies, cut a ring using Whisper White Cardstock. Glue to card front centered.
- Layer #5: Stamp the flower using Blueberry Bushel Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and hand-cut. Ink up the leaf image and stamp on scrap paper first and then without re-inking, stamp on Whisper White Cardstock. Do this twice and hand-cut the leaves. Glue the flower and the leaves using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Poppy Parade Ink on Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3/4" wide. Using the Paper Trimmer, cut the strip at the bottom to a width of 5/8" and stop cutting when you get to the "g". Do this on both sides of the "g" and trim around the "g" with Paper Snips. Trim a notch on the end at the right. Slide and glue under the flower.
- Bling: Add three Red Rhinestone Jewels above the sentiment.
Now you can follow the rest of the Color Fusers Blog Hop
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Stampin' Up! Products Used:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team