I was fortunate to have been asked to create alternate projects using the Paper Pumpkin June Kit to be featured on the Paper Pumpkin Facebook Live Video yesterday. I've known about this for a few weeks and had to keep hush. If you missed the live video, you can visit here to watch it:
My projects are about half-way through the video. And while you are there "LIKE" and "FOLLOW" our Paper Pumpkin page so you can be notified when something new is posted. It was fun to be featured along with other fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. All of the projects were fabulous!
Want to know how I made all of these projects? First let's start out with the envelope. The Card In A Box does fold flat for mailing so I needed a cute, coordinating envelope to mail the card in. I used the Envelope Punch Board and use the measurement of 5" x 5-1/2" on the punch board and it was perfect! I even lined the inside of the envelope with a piece of one of the card bases that came with the kit:
All I did was lay the card base on the flap and used a pencil to make my lines for cutting and then glued it to the inside of the envelope.
For the front, I added one of the marquee die-cuts that came with the kit. I glued it in place where the address line goes and one can write the persons name & address right in the white section. I also stamped around the marquee with the twinkle image using Lovely Lipstick Ink:
Next up is my gift tag. How fun is this?
I used some of the products from the Paper Pumpkin kit and also added stamped layers using the Broadway Birthday stamp set and coordinating Broadway Lights Framelits Dies. These are my gift tag layers:
- Layer #1: Lovely Lipstick Cardstock 4-1/2" x 2-1/2". Snip a "V" at the bottom.
- Layer #2: Card Base from the kit 4-1/4" x 2-1/2". Snip a "V" at the bottom and glue to the first banner at an angle.
- Layer #3: Basic Black Cardstock cut with the 2-1/2" Circle Punch. Glue to the top of the tag.
- Layer #4: Whisper White Cardstock cut with the Starburst Punch. Glue to black circle.
- Cakes: Glue two cakes together stacked. Glue one of the sticker candles to the top of the cake. Glue cake in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Birthday Hats: Stamp 3 hats from the Broadway Birthday stamp set using Lemon Lime Twist, Lovely Lipstick and Memento Black Inks. Cut with the dies and glue in place using Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
- Twine: Wrap Twine around the bottom of the tag twice and tie into a bow. Punch a small hole at the top of the tag and add twine through the hole.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment and cut into small banners. Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
The final project is my card:
In order for you to visualize the whole card and all of the detail, I have lots of photos for you:
I started out with Lovely Lipstick Cardstock for the card base that measures 5" x 11" and scored as follows:
- On the 11" side, score at 3-1/2", 5-1/4", 8-3/4" and 10-1/2".
- On the 5" side, score at 2-3/4".
To make it easier for you, I actually have a pattern I had created a while back when I made my very first card like this. It was a card size I came up with on my own and this is the pattern I used. Note that the red lines don't show up well but are the three vertical lines at the top section:
Now let's take a look at each part of the card so I can give you the layers needed. For the two side flaps, I created them the same:
- White cardstock layer 2" x 1-1/2"
- Designer paper card base 1-3/4" x 1-1/4"
- The hat, candle and flame are from the stamp set and dies and glued in place with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
- White cardstock 3-1/4" x 2". Stamp the sentiment from the Paper Pumpkin stamp set
- Diecut: Use the diecut from the Broadway Lights Dies and cut one with Basic Black Cardstock and one with the designer paper card base. Layer together and glue in place with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
The inside back panel of the card:
- White cardstock 4-3/4" x 3-1/4". Glue to the inside of the box on the back panel.
- Using the dies, cut out one marquee using Basic Black cardstock. Use the frame portion only and glue to a piece of the designer paper card base. Hand-cut around the outside. Glue to the white layer at an angle.
- Balloons: Glue three balloons from the diecuts that came with the kit.
- Bow: Create a bow with the twine from the kit and glue to the balloon strings.
Now let's move on to the inside of the box:
- Cardstock strip: cut a piece of Lovely Lipstick Cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 1". Score at 1" on both ends. Trim off a little on each end and fold in opposite directions. Glue to the inside of the box even at the top of the box.
- Cakes: Glue two cakes together stacked. Glue one of the sticker candles to the top of the cake. Glue a Candle Embellishment to the sticker candle. Glue cake in place using Stampin' Dimensionals to the center strip at the right.
- Birthday Hats: Stamp 4 hats from the Broadway Birthday stamp set using Lemon Lime Twist, Lovely Lipstick and Memento Black Inks. Cut with the dies and glue in place using Mini Stampin' Dimensionals next to the cake and to the left. Add a few Candle Embellishments in-between the hats.
Back of the box:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 4-3/4" x 3-1/4". Stamp all of the images from the Broadway Birthday stamp set using Lovely Lipstick, Lemon Lime Twist and Memento Black Inks. Glue to the back of the box.
- Twine: Create a bow with the twine and glue to the balloon strings using a Glue Dot.
Bottom front and side panel layers:
- White cardstock layers: (2) 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" and (1) 3-1/4" x 2-1/2". Glue to the three bottom sides of the box.
- Designer paper card base: (2) 2-1/4" x 1-1/4" and (1) 3" x 2-1/4". Glue over the white layers.
- Twine: Add twine around the box twice and tie into a bow.
You can see in this photo below that the box folds flat for mailing:
And fits right into the envelope:
I have quite a large number of Paper Pumpkin Subscribers whom I call my Paper Pumpkin Team. I would LOVE it if you became one of my subscribers. If you would love to try the July kit, you can subscribe here:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team