Hi Everyone and welcome to my 2nd post of the day! Tonight I created two projects for the June Control Freaks Blog Hop. You may have started the hop with me or you may have arrived here after visiting my teammate Kelly Acheson's blog. Didn't she have some awesome projects? You'll see lots more inspiration from our team.
Now for my projects. I used some pretty neat colors on both of my cards for the hop:
My first card uses Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green for colors. Aren't they all gorgeous paired together?
These are the layers I used on my card:
- Card Base: Coastal Cabana Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Gorgeous Grape Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4".
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 4-1/4". Emboss with the Seaside Embossing Folder and glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Stamp three of the octopus image using Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather and Granny Apple Green Ink. Cut out with the dies and glue on the right-hand side of the white layer. Trim to fit.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Granny Apple Green Ink on Granny Apple Green Cardstock. Cut out using the Classic Label Punch and glue to card front.
- Bling: Add Iridescent Sequins to the background.
Stampin' Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Sea Of Textures
- Inks: Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green
- Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White
- Accessories: Iridescent Sequins
- Tools: Classic Label Punch, Under The Sea, Seaside Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals
I went with a baby card for my second project. The animal images from Animal Outing stamp set and cut with the Animal Friends Thinlits Dies:
The kangaroo image is so adorable paired with the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. Can you spot the stitching on the cute label below?
- Card Base: Early Espresso 8-1/2" x 5-1/2". Score and fold at 4-14".
- Layer #2: Crumb Cake Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4".
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Emboss using the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder. Wrap Silver & Pool Party Twine around the white cardstock three times and tie into a bow at the left of the cardstock. Glue to card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Cut the label shape from the dies using Balmy Blue Cardstock. Set aside.
- Kangaroo: Stamp the kangaroo on Crumb Cake Cardstock using Early Espresso Ink. Use a Blender Pen to spread some of the color from the inked lines. Cut the kangaroo out with the die and glue him in place on the label using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Sentiments: Stamp the sentiments on the label using Early Espresso Inks. Glue label to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Hearts: Cut out 3 hearts using the die and Blushing Bride Cardstock. Glue to label and kangaroo as shown on photo.
Stampin' Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Animal Outing
- Inks: Early Espresso
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
- Accessories: Silver & Pool Party Twine
- Tools: Animal Friends Dies, Stitched Labels Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Blender Pen
I will now send you over to visit Melissa Davies blog. I just know you are going to love her projects. Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!