It's party time! Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary! We are celebrating a 500th Thursday Challenge! Can you believe it? I am participating in the Thursday Challenge this week to help the team celebrate. How exciting is this!
For their 500th Challenge, this is the sketch we are using this week:
This is my card for this week's challenge:
I used the Springtime Foils Designer Paper first as a background and then with my Blends Markers to color and fussy-cut some of the flowers. I love how the Blends color on this designer paper. The paper is a little bit on the glossy side but colors so nicely. Before I glued my flowers in place I added a stamped swirly image in the background from the Falling Flowers stamp set using Basic Black Ink.
The sentiment from the Amazing You stamp set was perfect for this celebration don't you think? I love the bold font on this one. Did you also notice the embossing on the Pink Pirouette Cardstock? I used our new Basket Weave Embossing Folder and sponged Pink Pirouette Ink on the embossing:
- Layer #1: Flirty Flamingo Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Pink Pirouette Cardstock 5-1/2" x 3-1/2". Emboss with Basket Weave Embossing Folder. Use the Sponge Dauber and add Pink Pirouette Ink on the embossing. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Springtime Foils Designer Paper 5-1/2" x 3-1/4". Stamp the swirly image in the background using Basic Black Ink. Glue a strip of the ribbon about 1-1/4" from the bottom. Stamp the sentiment below the ribbon using Basic Black Ink.
- Flowers: Glue the flowers in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Pearl Jewels to the background.
- Stamps: Falling Flowers, Amazing You
- Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive Blends Combo Pack, Pink Pirouette Blends Combo Pack
- Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo, Pink Pirouette
- DSP: Spingtime Foils
- Accessories: Flirty Flamingo Striped Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools: Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber
And now it's time to party! And...how can we CELEBRATE? How about some BLOG CANDY!!! Have you tried our Create with Connie and Mary Collections yet? We have a few PDF tutorials that we will be giving away...your choice! You'll need to leave a comment on the Create with Connie & Mary blog in order to get a chance to win! Want a SECOND CHANCE to win? Create a "party theme" card to help us celebrate and add it to our gallery. We will choose another winner to get a FREE tutorial from those creations! Winners will be announced on Thursday, March 8th! I hope you plan on joining us. Thanks for visiting!
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team