It's almost the end of January and I'm still hoping for a spring thaw ANYTIME now! It has been extremely cold this year in Maine. The end of January also brings us closer to Valentines Day and that's what we are all creating for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. I chose to mix hearts and fruit for my card today:
The Tutti Fruiti Designer Paper is so pretty that I paired it with two other products from the Occasions Catalog. I used the Fruit Basket stamp set and the coordinating Itty Bitty Fruit Punches and threw in a few hearts from the Sure Do Love You stamp set. Here's the close-up photo of the stamped details:
- Real Red Cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Tutti Fruit Designer Paper 5" x 3-3/4". Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" x 2-1/4". Stamp the basket using Real Red Ink and use a Blender Pen to color using the inked lines. Add the handle to the basket using Early Espresso Ink. Using an Exacto knife, cut a slit at the very top of the basket. Set aside.
- Layer #5: Cut (2) pieces of Real Red Cardstock measuring 3-3/4" x 1". Use the Ticket Tear Border Punch on one long side of each cardstock piece. Glue to the underside of the stamped layer. Glue stamped layer to card front about 1" from the bottom.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Early Espresso Ink on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3-3/4" wide. Cut as skinny as you can around the sentiment. Glue below the basket layer.
- Hearts: Stamp two hearts using Real Red Ink on Whisper White Cardstock from the Sure Do Love You stamp set. Cut out with the dies and glue in place as shown on the photo.
- Fruit: Stamp and cut (2) strawberries and (4) pears using Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist and Crushed Curry Inks. The pears are first stamped on a piece of scrap paper and stamped a 2nd time without re-inking. Use the punches to cut out each fruit and glue some tucked into the basket and some beside the heart.
- Bling: Add a few heart-shaped Brights Enamel Shapes to the background.
- Stamps: Fruit Basket, Sure Do Love You
- Inks: Early Espresso, Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Crushed Curry
- Cardstock: Real Red,Whisper White
- Tools: Itty Bitty Fruit Punch, Lots To Love Box Framelits Dies, Ticket Tear Border Punch
- Accessories: Brights Enamel Shapes
- DSP: Tutti Fruiti