Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. I hope you've been enjoying our Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs. Today we are all blogging about out "Favorite Occasions Catalog Stamp Set". I've been playing a lot with my Brusho Crystal Colours and have fallen in love with the Beautiful Day stamp set and that's what I am showing you today:
This stamp set is perfect to use with the Brusho, but today I am using it as a background layer to my card. I stamped the flower image repeatedly with VersaMark Ink and sprinkled White Embossing Powder. Once I melted the powder with my Heat Tool, I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to trace all of the inside components to each flower image. I love how this turned out!
The ribbon is from the FREE Sale-A-Bration list of products. You get 3 spools of ribbon for FREE when placing a $50 order. I picked the Calypso Coral Ribbon from this Shimmer Ribbon Pack and created a double-bow!
Here are the measurements and steps to my card:
- Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Set aside.
- Layer #3: Crumb Cake Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Stamp the flower image repeatedly using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and use the Heat Tool to melt the powder. Trace the inside of each flower with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. Glue to Whisper White Cardstock layer
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Basic Black Ink on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock that measures 1/2" x 3-3/4". Glue about 1" from the bottom.
- Ribbon: Glue a piece of ribbon around Layer #2 & #3 and glue to the ends to the back of the cardstock. Glue cardstock layer to card front. Create a double-bow with the ribbon and glue to card front using Glue Dots.
- Stamps: Beautiful Day
- Inks: VersaMark, Basic Black, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
- Accessories: Shimmer Ribbon Pack (free SAB item)
- Tools: Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Glue Dots