Happy Labor Day! I hope you are enjoying your day off today. If you are lucky enough to celebrate the honor of working people, grab a cup of coffee and come tour the Color Fusers monthly Blog Hop today. This is our new color challenge for the month of September:
Have you received a new copy of the Holiday Catalog yet? As demonstrators, we were able to order the new products about a month ago. First on my list was the new Cat Punch. Dave and I own two shelter cats that we rescued so I just had to have this punch. Here's today's project:
It was fun to mix up all of our challenge colors to come up with this grouping of kitty cats. I especially love the cat that I stamped using the Spooky Cat stamp set and then cut out with the punch. I actually cut 4 of them using the Thick Whisper White Cardstock and glued them all together. This created the raised cat you see in the photo below:
If you would like to create a card just like this one, here are the steps:
- Card Base: Calypso Coral Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
- Layer #2: Early Espresso Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Painted Autumn Designer Paper 5" x 3-3/4'. Set aside.
- Cats: Using the Cat Punch, cut (1) of each in the following colors--> Old Olive, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. Glue all 3 of them flat on the designer paper.
- Stamped Cat: Stamp one cat image on Thick Whisper White Cardstock using the Spooky Cat stamp set and Early Espresso Ink. Cut with the Cat Punch. Cut (3) more cats using the same cardstock. Glue all four of the cats on top of each other, placing the stamped cat on top. Glue to designer paper layer.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Early Espresso Ink on the designer paper and glue the designer paper to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Bow: Create a small bow using the Old Olive Sheer Ribbon. Glue to the stamped cat.
I will now direct you to all of my teammates that are participating in today's Color Fusers blog hop. Make sure you visit each one of them to see what they created with our challenge colors this month and thanks for visiting me today!
And I leave you today with photo's of our two kitty cats. Both cats were acquired through our local animal shelter. Did you know shelter cats make the best pets? The first photo is Katie, she was acquired in 2006 at the age of 7 months:
And this one is Abbie, she was our first. Acquired in 2005 at the age of six months:
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online.
- Our FABULOUS design team members are joining us - Debbie Henderson, Libby Fens, and Melissa Davies! They always have such GREAT ideas that are perfect and easy to recreate!
- Mini sessions are available the 11th of each month (and you'll have access for up to a year)
- Demos...did you know this is a tax deduction for your Stampin' Up! business? But...you don't need to be a demo to enjoy our mini-subscriptions!
- Pick a Pumpkin Bundle
- Tags & Trimming Bundle
- Spooky Cat Stamp Set
- Festive Phrases Stamp Set
- Colorful Seasons Bundle
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team