August 8, 2017

August Club Projects!

I met with my local girls on Monday for our August Club. This group of local girls call themselves the Sassy Stampers and we have such a good time. I also have a 2nd club that consists of local girls and girls from afar. This 2nd group is called the Stampaholics. I mail the girls from afar their card kits after they place their orders each month. If this is something that peaks your interest, let me know and maybe we can start a third group!

This month we created a technique card using the Salad Spinner Ink Spreading On Glossy Paper Technique which you can learn how to achieve by watching my YouTube Video here:


And we also created a 2nd card with a coordinating tag. Scroll down to read about each project.



Here's the card using the Salad Spinner to create the background. When you watch my video you'll understand. Isn't the background lovely? I used Melon Mambo, So Saffron and Marina Mist Ink Refills:



Here's a listing of the products I used for this card:

Misc. Tools: Salad Spinner and Spritzer Bottle with Water


For my 2nd project, I showed the girls how to peel off a layer of cardboard off of this bumpy layer you see here on this next project:



Where did I get this cardboard layer? From one of my Stampin' Up! shipment boxes of course! I cut the cardboard from the box to measure 4" x 5-1/4" and then peeled away the top layer only. It makes for an interesting background when the bumpy part of the cardboard is revealed. The remainder of the products used are from the Coffee Cafe bundle. The stamp set, dies and designer paper.

I also showed the girls how to create a fold-able tag using the coffee cup stamp image and dies:



Oh those Bitty Bows, they make a great eye-catching addition to any project, especially when adding that final splash of color:




Products used:

Miscellaneous: Cardboard box



Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
August Host Code: EJZYSZ3A  

1 comment:

  1. A salad spinner huh? Well, they are useless for getting water off lettuce so good to hear they are good for something. Love the cards with that corrugated texture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!