And so simple to make. All I did was cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 4-1/4" x 10". Scored and folded at 5" and set aside. I cut a 2nd piece of Basic Black Cardstock measuring 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" and created the "V" at the top as shown on the very right:
Next I positioned the piece on the right over the piece on the left making sure the bottom's were even and traced the "V" onto the card base. I then cut off the penciled piece. By having the card base 1/2" shorter than the top piece, when you cut off the "V" at the top, it leaves two pieces on each end that are still intact at the top to create the card fold. I then glued the two pieces together.
The face was created this way:
- Eyes: Cut (2) using the 1" Circle Punch and Smoky Slate Cardstock. Add (2) eyeballs using a 1/4" Handheld Circle Punch. I drew in the black with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.
- Nose: Cut (2) using the 1" Circle Punch and Whisper White Cardstock. Glue below the eyes leaves 1/4" space below the eyes.
- Whiskers: Cut a piece of Burlap Ribbon and take it all apart by cutting off one long end. You should be able to just pull on the strings to loosen them from each other. Glue in place on the nose using Glue Dots.
- Nose: I used a retired Small Heart Punch and Pink Pirouette Cardstock and covered the ends of the Burlap Ribbon with the heart.
- Flower: Cut (2) using the Petite Petals Punch and Pink Pirouette Cardstock. Layer them together and glue a Pearl Jewel in the center. Glue to card at the top.
It's hard to see in this photo but along with the card, my daughter purchased leggings from LuLaRoe that have black kitties on them and Kaitlynn presented the gift to her teacher on the last day of school as a teacher appreciation gift:
Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team
July Host Code: FSPWUKTW