July 29, 2017

Create with Connie & Mary Satuday Blog Hop!




Christmas in July is our theme today at Create with Connie & Mary for our Saturday Blog Hop. Did you know the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog will be in your hands soon and that Christmas is just around the corner? Make sure you visit all of my teammates today for some Christmas inspiration!



Before I even chose my stamp set, I knew I wanted to add some Embossing Paste to my background and that I did! While it was still wet, I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds to the paste and I must say...wow! Keep looking, I have more photo's:


I used the Merry Mistletoe stamp set for all of the stamped images.


Now it's your turn to create. Here's how:
  • Card Base: Wild Wasabi Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score and fold at 4-1/4". 
  • Layer #2; Tangerine Tango Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" x 5". Stamp the sentiment using Wild Wasbi Ink. Stamp the reindeer using Chocolate Chip Ink. Stamp 2 of the twigy Christmas trees on the left using Smoky Slate Ink. 
  • Embossing Paste: Position the ask over the white layer. Add Embossing Paste over the mask being careful not to layer over the stamped images. Remove mask and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamond Glitter. Allow to dry.
  • Trees: Stamp the tree image on Whisper White Cardstock twice without re-inking. Repeat a 2nd time. Hand-cut the trees Glue three of them flat, layered over the stamped trees on the cardstock layer. Add the last tree using a Stampin' Dimensional. Glue cardstock layer to card front.
  • Bling: Add a few Enamel Shapes in the background.

Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:

https://libbystamps.wordpress.com/
http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/ 
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Merry Mistletoe
  • Inks: Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Smoky Slate
  • Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Enamel Shapes
  • Tools: Emobossing Paste, Pattern Party Decorative Masks, Palette Knives, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Love this card. It has a whimsy feel to it. Love that sparkly embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else is there to say but "WOW" for the beautiful effect of Dazzling Diamonds on embossing paste. I love this card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!