June 13, 2017

Watts Of Occasions and a Light Bulb Moment!

I had so much fun in my stamp room a few days ago creating a bunch of projects. I've been working so hard promoting the new Annual Catalog that I haven't had much time to just have fun. I made myself grab the new Watts Of Occasions stamp set and use it to death. The images and sentiments in this set are awesome. I wanted to use each and every stamp. Take a peek at what I mean:



So I sat down for a whole afternoon and this is "watt" I came out with, a whole suite of cards and one 3D project:



The first two projects are a coordinating set. Is that a real life bulb you ask? Yes it is! Keep reading....




For both prjects, I white-embossed the  light bulb image and sentiment and then sponged the inside of the light bulb with Whisper White Ink using a Sponge Dauber:




I also sponged a little bit of Daffodil Delight Ink over the white once it was dry:


Now on to my 3D Treat Holder:



This is a real light bulb. I don't live close to any craft stores so I googled "how to take a light bulb apart" and this is the link I found:


Of course my hubby wouldn't let me do it by myself. I'm a klutz when it comes to using sharp tools so if you try this, be careful! It took him about 5 minutes to follow the instructions and it really does work. The only thing I would change is to use a light bulb with a wider neck. I could only fit white chips in this one because the hole was quite small. I think M&M's would fit also but I did not have any on hand. Once it was full, I used a cotton ball to fill the hole and added a piece of Basic Black Cardstock glued at the top that I cut with the 3/4" Circle Punch.


Card #2:




This one is quite simple. Stamp the light bulbs a 2nd time on designer paper from the Birthday Memories Designer Paper. TIP: When cutting out the stamped images from the designer paper, cut inside the inked lines so when you glue them in place, the inked lines from the images on the Whisper White Cardstock layer will peek through. I drew the straight lines with a ruler and the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.



Card #3:



For this card I used one of the light bulb images stamped repeatedly to create my own designer paper. I then stamped the same solo light bulb on Daffodil Delight Cardstock and fussy-cut. When I stamped this one, I colored on the outside of the light bulb with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, omitting the center. I then used a 2nd light bulb with the heart in the center and again used the marker to color only the center and stamped inside the light bulb. I wanted the heart image to go with the sentiment. Isn't it perfect?




Card #4:




This card is a little sad because of the sentiment so I opted to stamp the little bulb a little lop-sided. I also added a little strip of the same designer paper and a strip of the new Mini Sequins to the left-hand side. To glue the Mini Sequins in place, I rolled up some Glue Dots to make them smaller and pressed them in place:




Card #5:




And finally, for my last card, I stamped and fussy-cut this light bulb and sponged Daffodil Delight Ink on the inside of the light bulb, added a strip of the Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon and a strip of the same designer paper. The light bulb is glued in place with Stampin' Dimensionals:






Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
Misc: Ruler, Cotton Ball, Light Bulb




Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
June Host Code: DE6GBDRG
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Deb . . . I love everyone of these cards! This was on on my wishlist but . . . well you know . . .
    Have a great Tuesday!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these cards. When I went through the catalog I saw this stamp set and knew I had to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear you never sleep! These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!