June 19, 2017

June Control Freaks Blog Hop Using Seasonal Layers!

Good Evening and welcome to the June Control Freaks Blog Hop. We have lots of inspiration in store for you using new products from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog. Have fun on the blog tour!




You may be starting the tour with my blog but if you arrived here from my fabulous teammate Cindy Elam's blog, how awesome were her projects huh? If you keep reading, I'll direct you to the next person in the hop at the end of my post.


I decided to do up some coordinating projects tonight using the Seasonal Layers stamp set and coordinating Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies. All four of my projects are identical but use different colors. Don't you just love that adorable lawn chair? That's where my inspiration came from. I grabbed the chair die and kept going from there. The new Color Theory Designer Paper Stack was perfect for what I had in mind:




I used all 4 of the colors in the paper stack which are Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Berry Burst and Dapper Denim. All papers were cut using the Mini Treat Bags Thinlits Dies. I added a tag, a die-cut lawn chair, a piece from the Delicate White Doilies and tied the tag at the top with Whisper White Sheer Ribbon:



I created a pull-out section that slides in and out with a cute little tab at the top. The Circle Tab Punch was perfect for the tab. I folded it in half over the top and secured it in place with a stapler. The Envelope Punch Board was used to create the two rounded corners at the bottom!

I will now direct you to Melissa Stout's blog. She is next in line and I just know you'll love her projects as much as I will. Enjoy!


http://thestampdoc.com/controlfreaksjune2017/


Project Supplies:
  • Stamp Set: Seasonal Layers
  • Inks: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Berry Burst, Dapper Denim
  • Cardstock: Whisper White
  • DSP: Color Theory
  • Accessories: Whisper White Sheer Ribbon
  • Tools: Circle Tab Punch, Envelope Punch Board, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Banner Triple Punch
  • Misc: Stapler, Stampin' Dimensionals


7 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I love how you created one for each season. Great way to show the versatility of this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I absolutely love your seasonal chairs - so sweet and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever use of the chair die-cut and dsp! I can't wait to CASE your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love that chair and the seasonal layers set as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love that chair and the seasonal layers set as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this set - at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!