June 21, 2017

Color INKspiration Challenge #9!

A few weeks ago I participated in a Color INKspiration Challenge by using the following colors:




Right away I knew I wanted to do some watercoloring. I used the "Coloring with the Lines Technique" and also added in some shading:




The Remarkable You stamp set was so perfect for what I had in mind. For this technique, you stamp the images in the same ink color you want to color with. Once the images are stamped, you grab the color from the lines of the image and color with a Blender Pen. You can see in the close-up below that I grabbed the Pool Party Ink from the flowers and added some shading. Once my flowers were colored the way I wanted, I colored them again using Clear Wink Of Stella:





I then dipped my Blender Pen into the Cherry Cobbler Ink Pad and added some shading around the outside of the flowers. You only need to dip a tiny bit into the ink pad to spread the color as subtle as you can.

Card Supplies:




Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
June Host Code: DE6GBDRG   2AZP7HEV

6 comments:

  1. This is pretty. Did you have to use watercolor paper for this technique? I ran across my blender pens the other day and wondered what I was supposed to do with them so I tried them with watercolor pencils and the paper shred. It could be the paper or it could be me. I was a bit aggressive about the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did use watercolor paper on this one. If you use regular cardstock, you have to color quickly because the paper will pill when handled for too long.

      Delete
  2. I love the subtle colours in your watercolouring and the way you've used colour the opposite to what I would have. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, this technique is great to work with!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Bronwyn, sorry I haven't played the challenge much lately, I've been busy with my business. Love your challenge!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!