May 6, 2017

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!



Happy Saturday and welcome to a Pocket Card-Themed Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary! Oh you are going to see some cute projects. My pocket card comes in two pieces. The pocket portion and a pull-out insert piece:




This is what the pocket card looks like when I add the pull-out insert section back into the pocket:




Isn't that neat? And yes of course I will show you how to create one just like this. First you are going to need the Garden In Bloom stamp set, Thankful Thoughts stamp set and the Succulent Garden Designer Paper.




And here's the color combination I used for my layers:





Directions:
Pocket Card Portion:

  1. Card Base: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2".  Score at 2-3/4" and 4-1/4". Fold on both score lines in opposite directions to create a flap on the front. 
  2. Designer Paper layers: (1) 4" x 5-1/4" (1) 2-1/2" x 5-1/4" (1) 1-1/4" x 5-1/4". Glue all 3 pieces to card base. All 3 pieces should show when the card is folded.
  3. Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock measuring 1" x 5" using Sahara Sand Ink. Glue to the flap.
  4. Using Tear & Tape, glue the underside of the flap to the card front. Glue the two sides together to form the pocket.
  5. Linen Thread: Wrap the Linen Thread around the flap and tie into a bow to the right.
  6. Stamped images: Stamp the following on Whisper White Cardstock-butterfly using Pear Pizzazz Ink, large flower using Peekaboo Peach Ink, 3 small flowers using Sahara Sand Ink and the leaves using Pear Pizzazz Ink. TIP: stamp the bold images on scrap first and then on the cardstock to create a lighter ink. Hand-cut all images and glue to the flap. The large flower and butterfly are glued with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  7. Bling: Add Metal-Rimmed Pearls to the center of each flower.
Pull-Out Insert Portion:
  1. Layer #1: Peekaboo Peach Cardstock 4-1/4" x 3-1/2". 
  2. Layer #2: Designer Paper 4" x 3-1/4". Glue to layer #1.
  3. Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" x 3". Stamp the sentiment using Sahara Sand Ink and the leaves using Pear Pizzazz Ink. Glue to layer #2.
  4. Tab: Using the smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies, cut (1) using Peekaboo Peach Cardstock and fold in half. Staple to the insert.
  5. Place the insert inside the pocket!

Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:

https://libbystamps.wordpress.com/
http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/


14 comments:

  1. Wow!! this is fabulous. I must make one. Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Bobbi!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! Love everything about your project, it's been a long time since I've made a pocket card, so this has been a very inspiring blog hop. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and color combination! Thank you for sharing your creativity, Debbie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Do you mean score at 1-1/2 and 4-1/4? I can't get the other score to come out right. Thanks for such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, yes that is correct. I fixed the size I had list. Thanks and sorry for my error!

      Delete
  5. TFS! I'd been thinking about a pocket card for a wedding invite. I've never made wedding invite before. But, am willing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading comments. I wrote down what is here, so I can make this. I didn't see a 11/2"x41/4"? I'm going to make a sample invite for the bride, I want to this right. Thank you for your corrections. Some people wouldn't admit they made mistakes. Even though we are all humans! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, if you receive my blog post in your email, you won't see the corrected post. You need to go right to my blog to see the update.

      Delete
  7. Very sweet card with so many delightful details. I can't wait to try a pocket card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combinations you've been using. I have tried to "Pin" them to a S/U color coach board I started after they stopped selling the color coach, but can't seem to find a way to do that. Do you know a different way I might not have thought of?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!