May 12, 2017

Happy Retirement Linda with a Journal Card!

I was honored to be asked to create a project for someone retiring from their job today. Congrats to Linda! I worked with Linda when I was employed at the University of Maine in Presque Isle Maine. I worked in the Accounting Office for 10 years and when I moved to Hodgdon, it was too far for me to travel. I traveled for almost 6 months and decided it was too much for me. Linda actually works at the Houlton office which is 6 miles away from my home. I filled in for her for 8 weeks last summer when she had a knee replacement done. Linda has worked at UMPI for 20+ years and when I was approached to create a card for her, I was asked to add pages in the card so people could write/sign either in the 5, 10, 15, or 20 year section. You'll understand as you view the photos. So this is the front of my 5" x 7" card for Linda, yes this is a larger card size:






The Special Reason stamp set and Succulent Garden Designer Paper look beautiful for this project. I also added some die-cuts from the Flourish Thinlits Dies and the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies. You can see close-ups here:




I love it when Stampin' Up! coordinates stamp sets with dies. The flowers and leaves came together rather quickly when all I had to do was stamp and cut with the dies:




The next two photos will show you the pages on the inside of the card. Notice the numbers on each page? That's where people will sign according to the numbers of years they worked with Linda. Isn't that a fabulous idea?






I've heard through the grapevine that Linda is all signed up to take my Adult Education Beginner Class. My classes are held right at the building where Linda worked and she loved seeing the cards we made each week. Can't wait to show her how to stamp! Thanks for stopping by today!

*

Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
May Host Code:  EPDCWUEN


4 comments:

  1. WOW, Debbie. This is so beautiful! What a wonderful keepsake for her. Let me tell you, her life is about to be busier than ever! I am so happy to be retired, away from the daily work grind. But retirement doesn't mean we get to rest. I'm loving it, and I'm sure Linda will too! Oh, I decided to go back to work part time...to feed my SU habit! LOL Again, a gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing it. Have a Blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbi. She is so excited and guess what? She'll be taking some of my card classes and has lots planned already!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful card, you are always so creative, This will be a keepsake forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. I went to her party today and everyone loved it!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!