May 17, 2017

Eastern Palace Bundle...I Can't Stop Using This Bundle!

It's no wonder I am so HOOKED on the Eastern Palace Bundle. First off, the Eastern Beauty stamp set has 21 stamps...yes, twenty-one! And the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies has 14 dies...that's fourteen! So many endless creative possibilities. Here's another masterpiece I created:




How did I complete the background of this card? And look at all of those luscious layers! My oh my! I love how the Lemon Lime Twist And Tranquil Tide Inks look paired together. Keep reading and I'll show you how I achieved this look.






I started with a Whisper White Cardstock piece and stamped the medallion image repeatedly to cover the whole cardstock piece using VersaMark Ink. I then stamped the centers of each medallion with the small flower image. I sprinkled White Embossing Powder over all of the images that I stamped and used my Heat Tool to melt the powder.


Now is where the magic happens. I used Lemon Lime Twist Ink and a Stamping Sponge and added ink to the cardstock piece. Sponging in a circular motion is the best way to achieve this. And always start at the top and work your way down. Even when adding more ink:




Next I added the Tranquil Tide Ink by starting at the other end and working  my way to the center. Notice how much darker the end is to the center? It gets lighter in the center and I am able to meld both colors together for a neat look:




To finish off my card, I added a layer of Vellum Cardstock cut at a "V" on one end and then layered the medallion layers to the other end:




Cardstock layers and measurements:

  • Card Base: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Tranquil Tide Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4".
  • Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4".
  • Layer #4: Whisper White Cardstock 4-3/4" x 3-1/2". (stamped layer)
  • Layer #5: Vellum Cardstock 1-1/2" x 5-1/2". 


Want to see more samples using this bundle? Here are some prior posts that you can visit:

Free Card Kit of the Month

Card Supplies (some only available June 1st, 2017)




Shop Stampin Up! Debbie's Store
Watch my YouTube Channel 
Like my Facebook page 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Pinterest
Join Paper Pumpkin with me
Shop the Clearance Rack - up to 60% savings!
May Host Code:  EPDCWUEN

8 comments:

  1. Very Nice! Love your sponging colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Debbie!! Did you stamp on the vellum and did you just wait for it to dry? I'd be afraid it would smear. I'd like to try that, though? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I did stamp on the vellum and used my Heat Tool lightly to help speed the process. I also let the vellum sit for a few hours before I handled it. It doesn't smear at all.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the Lemon Lime and the Tranquil Tide together. It is a winning combination for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy, the colors really do work well together!

      Delete
  4. This is one of the nicest cards done using the latest stamp set. Love your color choice. Everything matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene. The two greens work so well together!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!