Welcome to a Punch Art or Die-cut Art themed Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary! I had so much fun with this card:
I found this idea on Pinterest years ago and finally had a reason to replicate the snail with a few minor changes. I used some circle punches and my Stitched Shaped Framelits Dies. And the Basket Builder Framelits Dies are perfect for my little grassy field. Look how cute this face is:
Want to create one just like it? Here you go:
Card and Layers:
- Card Base: Pear Pizzazz Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score and fold at 4-1/4".
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Pool Party Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Stamp the sentiment from the Suite Saying stamp set at the left using Basic Black Ink. Add a few cloud images from the Lift Me Up stamp set using Pool Party Ink from the Lift Me Up stamp set. Glue to card front.
- Grass: Cut 3 pieces of grass with the die and Pear Pizzazz Cardstock. Glue to the bottom of the Pool Party Cardstock layer.
- Body: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies oval #2 cut with Sahara Sand Cardstock and cut in half. Glue tucked into the grass. Basic Black Cardstock cut with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. Glue to body. Sahara Sand Cardstock cut with the 1" Circle Punch. Layer over the Basic Black Cardstock circle.
- Face: Sahara Sand Cardstock cut with the smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. Add a hand-drawn mouth using a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. Glue to body using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Eyes: Use the Owl Punch to cut (2) large Whisper White Cardstock circles, (2) medium Basic Black Cardstock circles and (2) smallest Whisper White Circles. Layer all of the circles to create two eyes. Add glue to the bottom and press under the face.
- Nose: Use the Owl Punch to cut (1) medium Basic Black Cardstock circle and glue in place using a sliver of Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Antenna: Using a scrap of Sahara Sand Cardstock, cut out a hole using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. Cut 2 small slivers on the outside of the hole. Glue underneath the eyes. Add (2) Basic Black Cardstock circles at the top of each antenna using the Owl Punch.
Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: