We are all creating "Cards with Frames" for today's Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. How fun is that? And I knew right away what I wanted to do for my frame. Take a peek:
I used two oval dies. One from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and one from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies to create my frame. I laid both of them on my cutting plate...one inside the other and evenly spaced all around and cut in one pass. That easy!
Want to create a card just like mine? Here are the steps:
- Card Base: Early Espresso Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Set aside.
- Succulent Garden Designer Paper 3-3/4" x 2-1/4". Glue to the bottom of the white layer.
- Frame: Create the frame as described above using #2 Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies and add the oval die from the Layering Ovals Dies that fits inside. Glue frame in place using Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Stamp the ice cream cone top pieces on Whisper White Cardstock using Watermelon Wonder Ink. I stamped one on scrap first to make it appear lighter then the other one. The cones are stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink on scrap paper first also. Cut out with the dies and glue in place on the frame.
- Stamp the dotted image from the Cool Treats stamp set using Early Espresso Ink around the cones. I stamped on the inside of the oval and on the outside of the oval.
- Stamp the sentiment on Bermuda Bay Cardstock and cut as skinny as you can. Trim the two ends into a "V". Glue to frame.
- Stamps: Cool Treats
- Inks: Early Espresso, Watermelon Wonder
- Cardstock: Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
- Tools: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Frozen Treats Framelits Dies, Foam Adhesive Strips
Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates! Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa: