March 4, 2017

Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!



Welcome too our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. We also welcome a new teammate today as Nicole had to step down. Welcome to Libby Fens!

So lots of you know my Dad passed away on February 21st and his funeral was just this past week on February 28th. Thanks for all the love and support everyone has shown me over the past 3 weeks as he tried so hard to get better but lost his battle to COPD and pneumonia. How ironic that our theme today is "Sympathy Cards". I had not had a chance to look at the list of our assignments and when I sat down to create my card, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. A sympathy card in honor of my Dad:




My Dad's favorite color was blue (which is mine also by the way) so I opted to create a Monochromatic card with just a small hint of color in the designer paper. I stamped my balloons without re-inking my image to make them appear as though they were floating to heaven because I know Dad is up there taking care of us now:




Isn't the sentiment so perfect for him? I even colored my Rhinestone Jewels with a baby blue Permanent marker to keep with the blue theme:



These are the card measurements I used today....just 3layers:

  1. Card Base: Marina Mist 11" x 4-1/4". Fold and score in half at 5-1/2"
  2. 2nd Layer: Night of Navy Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4".
  3. 3rd Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". 
  4. And the darkest balloon is stamped and cut on Whisper White and glued in place with Stampin' Dimensionals
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Lift Me Up
  • Inks: Night Of Navy, Soft Sky
  • Cardstock: Marina Mist, Night Of Navy, Whisper White
  • Tools: Up & Away Thinlits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: RhinestoneJewels

Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:

https://libbystamps.wordpress.com/
http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

  1. Debbie -- awesome card and so meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your dad is so proud of you! That you would think to make a card for him in heaven is AWESOME! Love the card by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card...I know how hard it was to make...but also the peace in it too! I am sure he is smiling down at you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew your Dad was ill and in the hospital in Bangor or Portland, but had not been aware that he had passed away. I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose a parent, as I have lost both of mine. How is your mom doing? Please accept my deepest sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. So much went into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly