January 19, 2017

Control Freaks January Blog Hop!



Welcome readers! To the Control Freaks Occasions or Sale-a-Bration Control Freaks Blog Hop! Wow, that was a mouthful wasn't it? You may have arrived here from Kelly Acheson's blog. Didn't she have some of the neatest projects? If you are starting with my blog, I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post.


This month I am using the So In Love stamp set with the coordinating So Detailed Thinlits Dies and the Falling In Love Designer Paper. How gorgeous are all of these 3 products? I love the color of the designer paper sheet I used in conjunction with Very Vanilla & Blushing Bride Cardstocks:





Let's start with Card #1:




I cut out 2 of the So Detailed die shapes and wrapped them around the card front on each side. Here are the card measurements:
  • Card Base: Blushing Bride Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Falling In Love Designer Paper 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Cut (2) using the So Detailed Thinlits Dies and fold on the tabs. Glue the tabs to the underside of the card base. 
  • Layer #4: Very Vanilla Cardstock 1" x 4-1/4". Stamp the flower image repeatedly over the cardstock layer using Tip Top Taupe Ink. Glue to card front centered.Wrap a piece of the Very Vanilla Ribbon around the cardstock layer and tie into a bow.
  • Layer #5: Stamp the sentiment using Tip Top Taupe Ink on a cardstock piece measuring 1/2" wide. Snip the ends in a "V" and glue over the ribbon using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Bling: Add Falling In Love Embellishments to the center of each large die-cut flower and Pearl Jewels to the smaller flowers


For Card #2, I used the same die set to create the illusion of a belly-band wrap around the card center:



Once I cut the two die strips, I butted them against each other and added the Pearl Jewels to cover the edge where the two die pieces meet. Here are my steps:


  • Card Base: Blushing Bride Cardstock 8-1/2" x 5-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Very Vanilla Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Falling In Love Designer Paper 4" x 2". Glue to the bottom of the Very Vanilla Cardstock layer.
  • Layer #4: Cut (2) pieces of Blushing Bride Cardstock using the So Detailed Thinlits Dies. Stamp the sentiment using Tip Top Taupe Ink to one of the die-cuts. Glue both of the dies butted together as shown on the card and trim the ends even. Add Pearl Jewels to all of the flowers and add a strip of the pearls to cover the edge where the two dies meet.
  • Bow: Add a bow using the Very Vanilla Ribbon.


For my final projects, I used the Popcorn Box Thinlits Dies to create an adorable treat box:



Isn't this treat box just the cutest? And I used the left-over piece from the die-cut on Card #2 for my center layer. Here are the steps for my treat box:
  • Box: Cut and assemble one box using the Popcorn Box Thinlits Dies.
  • Layer #2: Using the Falling In Love Designer Paper, cut a strip measuring 2" side. Glue to the bottom of one side of the box and trim to fit. Repeat on all 4 sides.
  • Layer #3: I used the Layering Circles Framelits Dies to cut my shape and added the remainder of the die-cut from card #2 to the center and trimmed the excess. The sentiment was stamped with Tip Top Taupe Ink and cut with the Classic Label Punch. Glue to the center of the box front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Bow: Add a bow to the bottom left of the circle layer and also tie a bow at the top of Gold Binder Clip. Clip the binder to a cello bag full of treats.
I hope you enjoyed all 3 of my projects for the blog hop. I will now direct you to Heidi Baks blog. She always has pretty projects to show you!


http://runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com/2017/01/controlfreaksjan2017.html



12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, just beautiful! Your die cuts look amazing over the backgrounds and I love the colors that you've used. Fantastic projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your choice of color with this Debbie! Just BEAUTIFUL use of these detailed thinlits. I have mine and haven't even broken into them yet...now I have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Debbie! I love the colors and softness with the lacy thinlet! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft colors; such a perfect match for this suite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow; all are so beautiful! I especially love your out of the box creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful ensemble, Debbie! I love the way you incorporated the DSP into your treat box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful cards - the thinlits make the projects so romantic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!