Look at this Tall Card and coordinating Mini Egg Carton.....so cute!
The stamp set that everyone is raving about is called Hey, Chick and it's what I used on both projects. So where did I get the altered Mini Egg Carton? That's also a new product that you will find in the Occasions 2017 Catalog. Both catalogs go live on January 4, 2017.
Let's take a peek at the card I created first:
This card was created as a tall card to fit in a #10 envelope. The layers measure as follows:
- Card Base: Daffodil Delight Cardstock 9" x 8". Score in the center at 4" and fold.
- Layer #2: Elegant Eggplant Cardstock 8-1/2" x 3-1/2". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 8-1/4" x 3-1/4". Stamp and color all of the images.
So how did I stamp all of these images, large to small and so perfectly stacked? I started at the bottom with the largest image and worked my way up using my Stamp-A-ma-Jig. Okay, I just heard you cringe......the SAMJ for short, is one of those stamping necessities. I use mine all the time. Once you learn how to use it and practice, practice....you'll love it! I even have a tutorial on how to use this tool:
For the stamped images, I stamped them all using Early Espresso Ink and then used my ink pads and a Blender Pen to add the color. Once I had all of the images colored, I painted the eggs and the red and orange colors with Clear Wink Of Stella. It sparkles in person!
Now let's move on to the Mini Egg Carton....so adorable!
These Mini Egg Cartons can actually be sprayed or spritzed with color but I opted to leave mine as is. I added cardstock layers on top of the lid as follows:
- Layer #1: Daffodil Delight 3" x 3". Round all 4 corners using the Project Life Corner Punch.
- Layer #2: Elegant Eggplant 2-1/2" x 2-1/2". Round all 4 corners using the Project Life Corner Punch and glue to layer 1.
- Layer #3: Glue a Lace Doily (NEW from Occasions Catalog) to the center.
- Layer #4: Cut a circle using Whisper White Cardstock and the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies measuring 1-7/8" (available again in mid-Janauary). Glue to the center of the doily.
- Stamped Image: Stamp the bird image and color to match the one on the card. Hand-cut and glue to the center of the doily with Stampin' Dimensionals.
For the front of the Mini Egg Carton, I stamped the sentiment using Early Espresso Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and cut it out with the Classic Label Punch. Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals!
Are you ready to earn this stamp set for FREE ? Start your wishlist today to equal at least $50 and you'll earn this set on January 4th because that's the date you need to note on your calendar to place your order, as both catalogs go live!