December 19, 2016

Controls Freaks December Blog Hop!



It's "Winter Fest" time for our December Control Freaks Blog Hop! Welcome! I kind of messed up this month. We originally had this as a theme and switched to new catalog products and somehow I forgot so my theme is off this month!

You may have arrived here from teammate Melissa Davies blog. Weren't her projects beautiful? So I really couldn't find much for current stamp sets that had snow images so I thought I would start out with the white Mica Flakes from the Mica Flakes Trio Pack and go from there with my cards.



I created three cards for you and I also made these cards with the busy Christmas season in mind. My thoughts were to create three "Clean & Simple & Quick & White" cards. My first one uses the Christmas Pines and Hang Your Stocking stamp sets:



Once my card was finished, I added Tombow Multipurpose Glue sporadically on the pine branch and pressed the Mica Flakes in place. It looks so pretty and sparkly!



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Christmas Pines, Hang Your Stocking
  • Inks: Soft Suede, Real Red
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Gold Glimmer Paper
  • Accessories: Mica Flakes Trio Pack

For Card #2 I added a snowman from the Jar Of Cheer Stamp Set and then cut three ovals using the Stitched Shaped Framelits Dies. I cut all three ovals in half the long way and glued them in place to create snowbanks. The Mica Flakes on this card are scattered amongst the snowflakes in the background:



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Jar Of Cheer, Hang Your Stockings
  • Inks: Basic Black, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate
  • Cardstock; Whisper White
  • Tools: Stitched Shapes Thinlits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Layering Hearts Framelits Dies
  • Accessories: Mica Flakes Trio Pack
My final card also uses Mica Flakes, glued at the very top of the Red Glimmer Paper layer:




I started by using a scrap piece of copy paper placed at an angle and sponging the top of my card with Mint Macaron Ink. I then added a sliver of Red Glimmer Paper below the sponging and adding Mica Flakes above the glimmer paper. I love how the Mica Flakes look glued in place along the top edge. I also colored my Pearl Jewels with a red Permanent Marker for the center of each snowflake:


Card Supplies:

  • Stamps: Flurry Of Wishes, Christmas Pines
  • Inks: Mint Macaron, Garden Green
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Mica Flakes Trio Pack
I will now direct you to Kelly Acheson's blog. I know you'll love her projects as much as I do and make sure you take the whole tour for this month. You won't be disappointed. Thanks for visiting me today and Merry Christmas to you and your family!


http://astampabove.typepad.com/my-blog/2016/12/controlfreaksdec2016.html


7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the shimmer that the Mica Flakes add, great designs and perfect colors for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of the cards! The snowy mica flakes are so festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cards, Debbie - great layouts! I love the stitched snow mounds on your adorable snowman card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Pines card is spectacular. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what they all ^ said!!! Plus I love how you used the mint macaron ink to color the top half of the snowflakes card. I'm glad I already have the mica flakes; they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! I appreciate you sharing! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quickie cards. I'm liking the mica flakes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly