December 3, 2016

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!



Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly, Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.....Guess what our theme is today for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary? If you guessed Christmas Song Inspired then you are correct! I've used the Merry Mice stamp set quite a few times in the past few months and every time I do, I come up with something different. What a cute stamp set!




This time I opted to color only selected areas of the image and I only used two colors to coordinate with the designer paper and cardstock colors. There is enough color there to make this card beautiful.




I added a solo bow at the bottom of my banners and notice the dry embossing? The embossing folder I used is the Festive EF. I love the little line of dots and the embossing is so crisp! I also stamped the sentiment 3 times without re-inking my stamp so that it showed up lighter each time I stamped.



Here is the card recipe:
  • Card Base: Dapper Denim 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Marina Mist Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Emboss using the Festive Embossing Folder and glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Create a banner with the designer paper measuring 1-1/2" x 4-3/4". Snip one end into a "V" and glue to card front about 1/2" from the left.
  • Layer #4: Create a banner with the designer paper measuring 1" x 4-1/2". Snip one end into a "V" and glue to card front by overlapping about 1/2" on the first banner.
  • Layer #5: Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 2-3/4" x 3-1/2". Trim all 4 corners with the Project Life Corner Punch. Stamp the mice image at the top using Dapper Denim Ink. Add a little bit of color using the Blender Pen, Dapper Denim Ink and Mint Macaron In. Stamp the sentiment using Dapper Denim Ink 3 times without re-inking the stamp. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Bow: Cut one bow using Dapper Denim Cardstock and glue below the stamped layer.
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Merry Mice
  • Inks: Dapper Denim, Mint Macaron
  • Cardstock: Dapper Denim, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist
  • Tools: Project Life Corner Punch, Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies, Festive Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen
  • DSP: This Christmas


Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics:

http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2016/12/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop-christmas-song.html

http://www.becreativewithnicole.com/song-inspired/


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for re-positioning the buttons!
    Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festive embossing folder seems to go so well with many Christmas designs. I'm loving the blue mice! Off to hop... but I think I'll shamble, less jarring on the old bones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly