November 10, 2016

Shoebox Swap!

I hosted a first-time "Shoebox Swap" with my local girls last weekend. Oh what fun! We only had 5 participants because some felt that they could not design for such an event. I think now that I've held this event, more will join in next time. I plan on hosting one of these every few months.


So what exactly is a "Shoebox Swap"? Very simply put, you sign up to participate. You design one card that will take 10-15 mintues for someone else to replicate. And once you find out how many attendees there are from the hostess (that was me!), you create kits for everyone to make the same card. Here are photo's of all of us sitting at the table, waiting for me to say "pass your shoebox to the right":




And here is a photo of all 5 of the "shoe boxes". You'll notice that each box holds all of the pre-cut cardstock, stamps, punches, dies, inks, ribbons, embellishments, Stampin' Dimensionals....everything you need to complete the project inside each box. Because some of my customers purchase non-Stampin' Up! products, I allowed them to use what they wanted so you'll see some non-Stampin' Up! products:


Everyone completes the project with their first box with everything they find inside and waits for everyone else to complete theirs. Once everyone is done, we pass the shoeboxes to the right again. Repeat until all projects have been completed by everyone! The photo below show's all five of us (yes, me included) with the projects we created for our own shoe boxes:



And of course my post would not be complete without showing you close-ups:


This is the card I designed. You'll notice that I colored all of the holly leaves with Clear 
Wink Of Stella and the holly berries with a red Permanent marker:



Products Used:
  • Stamps: Holly Jolly Layers
  • Inks: Cucumber Crush
  • Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack
  • Tools: Clear Wink Of Stella, Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Holly Embossing Folder
  • Misc: Red Permanent Marker


Norma's Card:






Cyndee's Card:





Deloris's Card:





Deb's Card:




Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I love shoebox swaps! They are so much fun. Your 5 cards all are wonderful and will be a great addition to your card stash. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea, plan to share this with my crafting group

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly