November 19, 2016

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!

I love using non-traditional christmas colors for my Christmas cards. That's our theme today for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. I used Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry and Soft Suede for my non-traditional colros:




When the Holiday Catalog first debuted, I fell in love with the Hostess stamp set called Cozy Critters. That was months ago and can you believe that this is the first time I finally get to ink it up? The owl is cut with the Owl Punch of course, but the leaves and branches I fussy-cut...several of them!




Notice the Pretty Paisleys embossing as my frame? After I embossed the frame, I used a Sponge Dauber to add Pool Party ink to the "bumps". And the photo below shows a close-up of my owl whom I stamped three times so that I could fussy-cut the Rich Razzleberry scarf and Pool Party belly:



Card Recipe:
  1. Card Base: Rich Razzleberry Cardstock 8-1/2" x 5-1/2". Score and fold at 4-1/4".
  2. Layer #2: Pool Party Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4" Embossing with the Pretty Paisleys Embossing Folder and use a Sponge Dauber to add color the the embossing with Pool Party Ink. Glue to card base.
  3. Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the Wrapped In Warmth stamp set using Rich Razzleberry Ink.
  4. Branches: Stamp 3 branches on Whisper White Cardstock uing Soft Suede Ink. Hand-cut all three. Glue to card front using a few shorter pieces of 2 of the branches.
  5. Owl: Stamp the owl on Whisper White Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink and again using Rich Razzleberry Ink. Use the Owl Punch to cut out the Soft Suede Owl. Color his nose using the Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker. Glue owl to the branch. Stamp one more owl on Pool Party Cardstock using Pool Party Ink. Hand-cut the belly and glue to the Soft Suede Owl. Cut out the scarf from the Rich Razzleberry Owl and glue to the Soft Suede Owl.
  6. Present: Stamp one present with Rich Razzleberry Ink and one with Pool Party Ink on Whisper White. Hand-cut both presents and glue amongst the branches.
  7. Bling: Add Rhinestone Jewels to the flowers on the embossing.
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Cozy Critters, Wrapped In Warmth
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Soft Suede
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: Pretty Paisleys Embossing Folder, Owl Punch, Sponge Dauber

Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics:

http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/


http://www.becreativewithnicole.com/

 

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. All those branches you cut out! My gosh. He sure is a cutie though and looks like he is keeping warm for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!