November 19, 2016

Control Freaks November Blog Hop!





Welcome to the November Blog Hop sponsored by the Control Freaks. We have some "Happy Holidays" themed cards for you today. If you arrived here from Cindy Elam's blog, did you love all of her beautiful projects? If you are starting the hop with  me, I'll direct you to the next person at the end of my post.


I created three cards for today's hop and I used the Christmas Pines stamp set on all three. Here they are in a group photo and I'll go over each one individually if you keep scrolling down:





For Card #1 I used the pine cone image to create a background using Tip Top Taupe and Early Espresso Inks:




I then added the cute star-speckled image to fill up the remainder of the background layer using Real Red Ink. The frame and sentiment were both stamped on Real Red Cardstock with Real Red Ink, hand-cut and glued in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. I love the simplicity of this card!


Card #2 is so pretty in person. After I stamped the pine branches with Early Espresso Ink, I added the 2nd pine branch image over the first using VersaMark Ink and sprinkled White Embossing Powder. I set the embossing powder with my Heat Tool and then added a little bit of shimmer to each branch by adding a little bit of Multipurpose Glue and pressing some White Mica Flakes over the glue:





The sentiment was also stamped with VersaMark Ink and sprinkled with Real Red Embossing Glitter and set with the Heat Tool. Here's a close-up so you the beautiful glittter and mica flakes:




My final card has a layer of the Candy Cane Lane Designer Paper cut at an angle and I used that angle to place all of my die-cut layers using the Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies. Some were cut using Soft Suede Cardstock and the smaller sprigs used the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper:




I added two pinecones that were colored with Clear Wink Of Stella, tucked into the branches. The bird is cut by using two layers of cardstock and the Birds & Blooms Thinlits Dies. I used Cherry Cobbler Cardstock on the bottom layer and topped that off with Real Red Cardstock:




I had a blast creating all three of these cards for you. Now it's time to hop on over to visit my teammate Kelly Acheson. I know you'll be amazed at her projects. Make sure you take to whole hop for some fabulous inspiration from all of my teammates and I!



http://astampabove.typepad.com/my-blog/2016/11/controlfreaksnov2016.html


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Debbie! I love the touches of sparkle on the neutral backgrounds and the red is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards!!! Love all the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 cards are lovely. The falling affect of the pine cones is fun. The Mica Flakes on the pine branches and the red glitter on the 2nd is just wonderful. But the star of the show has to be the one with the bird. It is stunning. The layering of the DSP is perfect, the angle it is cut at is a wonderful choice, the sparkle is so, so lovely and all coming together in the centre with the red bird. Wonderful detail. Just wonderful. A beautiful card. I now know why I NEED the Birds and Blooms Thinlets. Thank you so much for sharing and for your inspiration. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving each of your designs Deb!!! May be doing some CASEing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of them, and especially the "snow!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've done with Christmas Pines - colors are just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! That middle one is the bomb. I like that bird die on the last one. He looks cute as a redhead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these - they are so warm and inviting! Like works of art!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly