November 3, 2016

Beginner Class at Local Adult Education Center!

Before I show you today's projects, boy did you love the debut of the new Stitched From The Heart Framelits Dies. Thanks to everyone that has ordered them so far this week! I can't wait to get mine and start creating for you! If you haven't ordered your set yet, get your order in! Keep scrolling down and I have a downloadable...printable sheet with ideas for you to use when your dies arrive.




And don't forget to use my host/hostess code if you want to earn FREE products. Use the code for orders of $50 or more and under $150:





We also have a 25% discount and stamp sets you can use with the new framelits dies:




And here is the project sheet:



************************


I was recently asked to teach a "Beginners Stamping Class" at our local Adult Education Center. Tuesday was my first class for the 8-week program. Do you know how hard it is for me to go back to basics? The class is an hour long. So this week I focused on collage-layered stamping and stamping-off. Thanks to all of the new stampers that attended. This group of girls made me laugh so much and they were all so much fun! These were the two cards my attendees created:




Although the cards may look a little complicated, they truly are not. On the first one, we used 4 leaf images from the Vintage Leaves stamp set along with 4 different ink colors and filled the background with leaves:




The ink colors used are Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Old Olive. In this class you will see some retired products used. For example, so that I did not have to bring my Big Shot Machine with me, I used the retired Wide Oval Punch that could be substituted with the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies. I did not want to introduce the Big Shot Machine just yet. This photo shows a close-up of the sentiment layer:



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Vintage Leaves, Rose Wonder
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Wide Oval Punch (retired)

For card #2 we used a strip of Presents & Pinecones Designer Paper over the card base and then stamped one cardstock layer:



We used the branch image from the Christmas Pines stamp set and stamped the image twice without re-inking. This was repeated a few times. The pine cones were stamped with the bold image first with Tip Top Taupe Ink and followed with the detail image using Early Espresso Ink. The girls loved the addition of the Bow:


Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Christmas Pines, Reason For The Season
  • Inks: Always Artichoke, Tip Top Taupe, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
  • Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Gold Foil Sheets, Whisper White
  • Designer Paper: Presents & Pinecones
  • Tools: Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I was going to say that those cards don't look so simple! But they do look AWESOME! As for stitched dies, I love the ones I have (no squares). It just adds a little something to that layer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!