October 15, 2016

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!




It's Saturday Blog Hop time at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme this week is "Smell My Feet Treats" and this is my treat holder for our hop:



I gave this treat holder to my granddaughter Kaitlynn last weekend and she thought is was so cute! I used the Jar Of Haunts stamp set and the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies and had so much fun with this project! Here's a side view so you can see how I assembled my pieces:



And here's a quick sketch of the box portion. Just follow the measurements, score lines and cuts, glue it together and add the front and back stamped images:



  • Stamp (2) of the mummy jar image from the Jar Of Haunts stamp set using Basic Gray Ink. Using a Blender Pen and Sahara Sand Ink, color at the top of each line to add some depth. Cut out the images with the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies.
  • Create the box portion by using the sizes and pattern above.
  • Glue a stamped image to each side of the box.
  • Stamp the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes using Basic Gray Ink on Pumpkin Pie Cardstock measuring 1/2" x 4". Trim the ends into a "V". Add Halloween Night Enamel Dots to each side of the sentiment. Glue to box using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Insert a small cello bag filled with treats and tie Halloween Night Baker's Twine at the top of the bag.
Project Supplies:
  • Stamps: Jar Of Haunts
  • Inks: Basic Gray, Sahara Sand
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
  • Tools: Everyday Jars Framelits Dies, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Halloween Night Bakers Twine, Halloween Night Enamel Dots
  • Misc: Cello Bag, Treats




Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics:

http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/


http://www.becreativewithnicole.com/


If you missed signing up for our October Mini Subscription, we are now live and you can sign up anytime to receive the subscription immediately:


Sets we will be using in October Mini Session:
  • Christmas Pines Bundle
  • Greetings from Santa
  • Paisleys & Posies Bundle
  • It's A Celebration
  • Candy Cane Christmas
Sign up here:

 

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Debbie. I always am on the lookout for simple treat holders for my grandkids school classes. I try to keep it simple because I have to send them in the mail and anything too fussy doesn't make the trip well. Also try for inexpensive because by the time I have made for each class I need to do 60! EEEK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I made one of these the other night. I didn't know I was supposed to smell someone's feet (eek!) Srly, the title smell my feet treats made me giggle and I still am. It is a cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute Debbie. Great idea to get more wear from this set. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!