October 17, 2016

Merry Monday Challenge #218!




Plaid anyone? That's our theme this week at Merry Monday and guess what, I didn't have any plaid on hand so I made my own. I found this diagonal-striped designer paper and added black-inked lines. That works right?






I started with a Basic Black card base followed by a Copper Foil Sheet layer and then added the layer of Candy Cane Lane Designer Paper that I stamped on. 






I kept the stamped layer simple by adding one solo jingle bells image and a sentiment at the top. I colored using a Blender Pen and my Ink Pads. The photo below shows how I added some copper-embossed splatters on the background:







Visit Merry Monday today to see some more plaid-inspired projects. I'm sure you'll fall in love with projects from my teammates!



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Christmas Magic, Awesomely Artistic, Sunburst Sayings
  • Inks: Basic Black, Real Red, Smoky Slate, VersaMark
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Copper Foil
  • Accessories: Copper Metallic Thread
  • Tools: Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Project Life Corner Rounder, Copper Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Blender Pen


 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. You are so clever, your plaid background looks great. The copper layer is so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the plaid paper. So pretty, Debbie. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works just fine, Debbie! Love the layout and that jingle bell! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your homemade plaid! And I like how you tucked your main image off to the side so we could see as much of that plaid as we could. I made out a card this other week that I thought would be perfect for this swap... until I pulled it out and realized that at the last second I changed my mind about the plaid. LOL! Okay, starting from the top...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your plaid background, fabulous card Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hand made plaid is fabulous Debbie...love it! Hope you're having a great week!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, I like how you design your plaid and the layout of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous design... love your handmade plaid!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea to stamp on the dsp to make a plaid - will have to try that! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly