October 10, 2016

Merry Monday Challenge #217!


I must confess to you that when I saw Lori's Challenge for this week's Merry Monday Challenge, I completely set it aside and worked on the week's ahead instead. I'm one that sits and makes a ton of cards in advance for challenges and blogging. Why did I put this one aside? Because I don't usually care for vintage style cards. It's not my style at all. So one Saturday "I made myself do it" and this is what I came up with:




I must confess a 2nd time that I love this card. It came out exactly like I had pictured in my mind. I used vintage-y colors and a lot of sponging. Every single piece of cardstock and layer is sponged in Crumb Cake Ink:



I used the Santa's Sleigh and the Awesomely Artistic stamp sets:


I can't wait to go visit the gallery to see what my teammates at Merry Monday came up with for projects. Please plan on playing this week!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Santa's Sleigh, Awesomely Artistic
  • Inks: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz
  • Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Santa's Sleigh Thinlits Dies, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals


 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

16 comments:

  1. Debbie - This card is so cute and looks very vintage. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a really gorgeous card! Love your colour shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage card Debbie. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect vintage, Debbie - just love the sleigh in the woods!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    I LOVE this card!! Awesome job making it vintage. Finally seeing this sleigh without expensive specialty paper and even more beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have perfectly captured the vintage theme, Debbie! I LOVE this sleigh and all the sponged layers! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You conquered the challenge beautifully! I would never guess that this is not your usual style... The card turned out absolutely gorgeous! You never know which challenge is going to make you create a little gem, don't you? Nicely done :)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, this is a beautiful vintage card with that awesome sleigh. I love it. Congrats to Kaitlyn on her First Communion and gorgeous card and folder that you made. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh...miss Debbie, I'm *so* glad I made you step out of your comfort zone on this one! You made an absolutely GORGEOUS vintage card! I love, love, love this! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This did indeed come out very vintage-y! I just love it with the colors and the feel to this card. Great choice of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your card Debbie! In fact, so much so that Monday night I ordered the Santa's Sleigh dies at my club meeting...you are such an enabler!! :0) Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Debbie, I love the pretty sleigh and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card too Debbie! The color combo is fantastic and the presents in the sleigh and the bows and the wreath - it's all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely card Debbie, and love the colours too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! Would never know this isn't your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The card is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!