October 19, 2016

Emerald Envy & Real Red Glitter-Embossed Backgrounds!

Are you ready for a neat tutorial today? I am going to show you how to add a glittered background to your cards. Look how pretty the Real Red & Emerald Envy Stampin' Emboss Glitters look on both of my cards:




Here are some individual photos before I show you a tutorial:






So now let's play. Here's the list of supplies you'll need to create these two beautiful glittered backgrounds:

  • VersaMark Ink
  • Real Red Cardstock
  • Emerald Envy Cardstock
  • Real Red Stampin' Emboss Glitter
  • Emerald Envy Stampin' Emboss Glitter
  • Heat Tool



Step 1:

  • Turn VersaMark Ink Pad upside-down and pounce over the Emerald Envy Cardstock layer. Ink the whole cardstock piece:




  • Do the same for the Real Red Cardstock layer. You can do one at a time:



Step 2:

  • Sprinkle the Emerald Envy Glitter to the Emerald Envy Cardstock and the Real Red Glitter to the Real Red Cardstock. I use Rubbermaid containers to store my powders and glitters in. I can sit the cardstock layers inside the container and the powder or glitter falls right back into the container...no mess!


Step 3:
  • Heat the glitter with the Heat Tool, you can see it start to melt in the two photos below:




Voila, finished layers below:


Another tip I use also, is to note the catalog number of each product on an address label 
and adhere to the lid. Easy to re-order more with the number right at your fingertips:




See how pretty the glittered cardstock looks when layered with cardstock? My layers all measure like this:

  • Card Bases: 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold on the score lines
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4".
  • Layer #3: Glittered Cardstock 4-3/4" x 3-1/2".




And to complete the two sentiments, I stamped each of them twice in opposite colors. I hand-cut the Emerald Envy square to remove the frame and layered over the Real Red square. For the round sentiment I used a circle punch to remove the red center and layered over the green one. For the two stamped imagesthat don't need the centers cut out, use the Layering Squares Framelits Dies and Layering Circles Framelits Dies to cut them out:




They both look pretty layered with a 2nd layer of Whisper White Cardstock and glued with Stampin' Dimensionals don't they? I just went with one size larger than the stamped layers:




I completed both cards by adding half of a Delicate White Doily to each of them, Copper Foil Sheet stars and Silky Taffeta Ribbons:



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Holly Jolly Layers
  • Inks: Real Red, Emerald Envy
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Emerald Envy, Whisper White, Copper Foil Sheets
  • Accessories: Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pack
  • Tools: Heat Tool, Real Red Stampin' Emboss Glitter, Emerald Envy Stampin' Emboss Glitter, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stars Framelits Dies

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful cards! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! So you created those sparkling background?! That's fabulous. I have to say that I hardily applaud these colors emerald envy and real red. To me, this are most traditional Christmas colors of all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!