October 19, 2016

Control Freaks October Blog Hop!



Gratitude: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness....that's our theme this month for our October Control Freaks Blog Hop. If you arrived here from my teammate Melissa's blog, didn't she have some great gratitude-themed projects? For my projects, I created three cards for you this month:





For all three of my gratitude cards  I used the Acorny Thank You stamp set and added the Vintage Leaves stamp set to two of them. For the first card, I stamped a bunch of acorns in Smoky Slate ink and added some tops stamped in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry Inks to create an acorn wreath:



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Acorny Thank You
  • Inks: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
  • Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
  • Tools: 1" Circle Punch, Acorn Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
Card #2:



The Cable Knit Embossing Folder really makes a great background for my acorns & leaves on this card. I stamped all of the images flat on my Whisper White Cardstock layer and added a few of the Brights Sequins in the background.

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Acorny Thank You, Vintage Leaves
  • Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
  • Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Brights Sequin Assortment
  • Tools: Cable Knit Embossing Folder
Card #3:



For my final card, I used Sahara Sand Ink for all of the leaves on the Whisper White Cardstock background and glued the layer on my card base at an angle. I then trimmed the sides. The Gold Foil Sheet strip and gold twine from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack add just the right amount of sparkle to my Clean & Simple card!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Acorny Thank You, Vintage Leaves, Me=Grateful
  • Inks: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheets
  • Accessories: Baker's Twine Trio Pack
  • Tools: Acorn Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


Now I will send you over to Cindy's blog. She always has some pretty awesome projects. Make sure you take to whole tour of blogs. I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with!



12 comments:

  1. I love your fall cards! Thanks for sharing! There is a broken link in the blog hop, so I wasn't able to see some of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall cards! Love the colors, great use of those acorn and leaf images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards as always! Love the combination of stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that is a seriously awesome use of the acorns and leaves! Totally different looks for the three cards - love how the circled group looks almost flowery on the first one, the cable knit texture setting off the colorful panel on the second, and the Sahara Sand leaves letting the acorns "pop" on the third. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you posted Thanksgiving type cards, need to make a few and these are just what I needed to get me going...The cards are all beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome autumn cards! I love that middle one the best but they are all winners. Great way to show off the acorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and that middle is so much prettier in person!@

      Delete
  7. All three cards are wonderful. I couldn't pick a favorite. Love your subtle bling accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all amazing and so very creative!!! Love the circle of acorns and the colors you chose...the Cable folder with the fall leaves/acorns is genius and I love the layout/colors of the Mint Macaron card - WIN WIN WIN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!