Gratitude: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness....that's our theme this month for our October Control Freaks Blog Hop. If you arrived here from my teammate Melissa's blog, didn't she have some great gratitude-themed projects? For my projects, I created three cards for you this month:
For all three of my gratitude cards I used the Acorny Thank You stamp set and added the Vintage Leaves stamp set to two of them. For the first card, I stamped a bunch of acorns in Smoky Slate ink and added some tops stamped in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry Inks to create an acorn wreath:
- Stamps: Acorny Thank You
- Inks: Smoky Slate, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
- Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Whisper White
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools: 1" Circle Punch, Acorn Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
The Cable Knit Embossing Folder really makes a great background for my acorns & leaves on this card. I stamped all of the images flat on my Whisper White Cardstock layer and added a few of the Brights Sequins in the background.
- Stamps: Acorny Thank You, Vintage Leaves
- Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
- Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
- Accessories: Brights Sequin Assortment
- Tools: Cable Knit Embossing Folder
For my final card, I used Sahara Sand Ink for all of the leaves on the Whisper White Cardstock background and glued the layer on my card base at an angle. I then trimmed the sides. The Gold Foil Sheet strip and gold twine from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack add just the right amount of sparkle to my Clean & Simple card!
- Stamps: Acorny Thank You, Vintage Leaves, Me=Grateful
- Inks: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso
- Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheets
- Accessories: Baker's Twine Trio Pack
- Tools: Acorn Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
Now I will send you over to Cindy's blog. She always has some pretty awesome projects. Make sure you take to whole tour of blogs. I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with!