October 22, 2016

12 Days of Christmas Swirly's Day 2 & Paper Pumpkin October!

My 12 Days Of Christmas Swirly's have already been popular and I'm only on Day #2 today. I'm also going to show you Paper Pumpkin October so make sure you scroll down.


The card for today turns the Swirly Scribbles Dies into a beard for Santa and is just in time for your holiday cards.


Swirly  Scribbles Thinlits Dies
Item #141497


I have full direction sheets available for purchase. If you can't wait for the 12 days to be shown here, you can purchase the tutorials at the bottom of my post today or any day during the 12 Day feature! The remainder of the cards will be shown as Sneak Peeks! Yesterday I showed you the whole card to show you exactly what type of projects you would be receiving when you purchase my 15-page tutorial. Today is a Sneak Peek for Day #2:




You will receive full color photo's and step-by-step directions for this card. All products used are Stampin' Up! and will be listed in the tutorial!

********************************************************


12 Days Of Christmas Swirlys 15 Page Tutorial


*******************************************************

I have two posts today so make sure you visit a little later to view my project for Create with Connie & Mary's Saturday Blog Hop. Our theme for today is Halloween Cuties! So Paper Pumpkin October arrived this week....WOWZA is this one fabulous. If you are a fan of Shaker Cards or have always wanted to learn how to create Shaker Cards, this kit is perfect for you. So my box arrived and this is what I found when I opened it:






Instructions, new stamp set and a Chocolate Chip Ink Spot:







And 3, count them, 3 bags of sequins:





Card bases, envelops and die-cuts:





Window Sheets, Glue Dots and more die-cuts for the layers:





I made one of each card using the directions:





Aren't these two Shaker Cards beautiful? And I'll show you how:





First you need to stamp the sentiment on the label shape as shown above. The next step is to use one of each color of the squares and stamp the background image on each one. Doesn't the image remind you of crackle?





Here's a close-up of the background image....neat!





Now this is where I run to the bathroom and dig out my flat iron. I always "iron" my ribbon or twine so it's all nice and flat, no bumps or fold lines allowed in my studio!





Glue the stamped layer to the yellow die-cut banner. Instead of wrapping the twine around the banner, I created a bow and glued it in place as you see here:





Using the foam strips, glue the strips like so to the back of the leaf layer. Make sure you pop out the leaves first:





Using a card base, fold on the score line. Glue the 3 squares side-by-side at the bottom like this:





Add some of the sequins in the center of the squares:





Remove the backing from the strips and flip the leaf layer over the card front and press in place. Glue the sentiment layers to card front and then shake, shake, shake!



Card #2:




Stamp 3 squares and glue to card base but you will be turning the card base in the opposite orientation this time.





Add foam strips on the leaf layer just like the first card. I wanted my sequins to have their own space with each leaf die-cut so I added two additional strips in the center to separate the leaves. (not needed if you follow the directions):






Add sequins in the center of the squares. If you are creating yours like mine, add 3 small piles of sequins:






Remove backing from foam strips and press in place on the card front. Glue sentiment in place.





Tomorrow I will have a Sneak Peek Bonus Project from my the Paper Pumpkin Gurus group of demonstrators that I belong to just to show you what you receive from us each month if you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin with me as your Paper Pumpkin Coach. If you don't want to miss out on the kit for November, you need to sign up before November 10th right here:





Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I like the swirls in Santa's beard. Is he all punch art then? I love October's paper pumpkin kit this month. I totally want to learn to do shaker cards. I made them eons ago when people cut up foam core posterboard to make them so I get the gist of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!