October 5, 2016

10 Days of Halloween Projects Day #8!



We are nearing the end of my 10 Days Of Halloween Projects. I hope you have enjoyed my projects so far. I know not all of my customers "do" Halloween but I feel I need to showcase some of the sets Stampin' Up! has to offer. As for myself, I love playing with Halloween stamp sets, especially the kid-friendly ones like I'm using today. I think the mummy image from the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set is totally adorable. What do you think?



I made my own pattern for the casket card fold that you see here and I have the link for you to download at the end of my post. I also created my own designer paper for the casket background layer. Once I cut my card base using the pattern and Basic Gray Cardstock, I sponged the edge with a Sponge Dauber and Basic Gray Ink. I then stamped the cobweb image from the Ghoulish Grunge stamp set repeatedly using VersaMark Ink and sprinkled White Embossing Powder. I added a 2nd image to the background from the same stamp set using Basic Black Ink. I added a Whisper White Cardstock layer to the inside (included in pattern).  



Do you like the neat rosette I created to glue my mummy to? All you need to create one is a strip of the Halloween Nights Designer Paper measuring 1-1/4" x 12". Score in 1/4" increments for the whole length of the DSP and then fold accordion style. Glue the two ends overlapped and create the circle. In order for the circle to remain flat, I glued the rosette on a cardstock circle cut with the 2" Circle Punch. Glue to the casket front and add a mummy stamped on Whisper White Cardstock with Basic Black Ink. I high-lighted all of the mummy strips using Soft Sky Ink and a Blender Pen. 



-->DOWNLOAD PATTERN<--


Card Supplies:

  • Stamps: Cookie Cutter Halloween, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Ghoulish Grunge
  • Inks: VersaMark, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Basic Gray
  • Cardstock: Basic Gray, Whisper White
  • Tools: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder
  • DSP: Halloween Nights Designer Paper
Did you like the designer paper I used today? Just a reminder that we have a designer paper promotion going on at Stampin' Up! right now:



Visit my Online Store to order your favorites. Debbie's store, click : HERE and don't forget to use my Host/Hostess Code for orders over $50 and under $150 to receive free gifts from me!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I do like your paper rosette. I like that it is scored every quarter inch so it doesn't stick up so much. This is a cute card and cute design. I do like the kid friendly Halloween cards better that way people know to not take it so seriously. I do like some of the spook collage ones too, but that's not my style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun Halloween cards, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!