October 2, 2016

10 Days of Halloween Projects Day #5!



Are we having fun yet? Today is my half-way point to my 10 Days Of Halloween Projects. Today I have a project that uses the Jar Of Haunts and Sweet Home stamp sets but before I show you my card, I wanted to mention something. As you know, I earned the incentive trip to Thailand because of my team and my customers...thank you!




I need your help! Yesterday was the end of our Stampin' Up! year and the start of our new year. My husband Dave has always wanted to go to Alaska and that's where the incentive trip is going to be held for 2018. I would LOVE to earn this trip for him with your help. Starting October 1st (now) until September 30, 2017, I am reset to zero and start earning points so please continue to support me. I so appreciate you!




Now on to today's project:



I used the sentiment and ghosts as props that sit in my mason jar and added a bow. Quite simple of a card to create. Here's a close-up and I'll show you the steps to making one of your own:



Card Recipe:
  • Card Base: Tangerine Tango Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold in the center at 5-1/2". Trim the two bottom corners using the Project Life Corner Punch.
  • Layer #2: Halloween Nights Designer Paper 5-1/4" x 4". Trim the two bottom corners with the Project Life Corner Punch and glue to card base. Stamp the jar image directly on the designer paper with Basic Black Ink. Using the stem image, stamp 3 times inside the jar with Basic Black Ink. 
  • Jar: Stamp a 2nd jar on Vellum Cardstock using Basic Black Ink. Cut out using the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies. Glue overlapped on the jar on the card front.
  • Bow: Cut one bow using the Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies and Tangerine Tango Cardstock. Glue to the jar top.
  • Ghosts: Stamp 2 ghosts from the Sweet Home stamp set on Whisper White Cardstock using Basic Black Ink and cut out using the framelits. Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back and glue in place on the sticks.
  • Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Tangerine Tango Cardstock and cut out with the 1" Circle Punch and glue to the center stick using a Stampin' Dimensional.
  • Shadow: Add a small shadow to the jar by using an Aqua Painter and Basic Black Ink.
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Jar Of Haunts, Sweet Home
  • Inks: Basic Black
  • Cardstock: Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Vellum
  • DSP: Halloween Nights
  • Tools: 1" Circle Punch, Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies, Everyday Jars Framelits Dies, Project Life Corner Punch, Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals

I'll have another neat card tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, I would love to go to Alaska too, so I'll be working extra hard this year to earn all those points. Any tips to help me get there would be appreciated. Congratulations on earning the Thailand trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Thailand trip and good luck winning the Alaskan trip. I always thought Alaska would be an interesting place to visit, you know if I were the traveling type. Love these ghosts sticking out of the mason car like ghost peeps (those are a thing) on a stick. Very cool. I think I might need to see some ghosts in a mason jar, caught like bugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!