Hi Stampers! Welcome to our World Card Making Day Blog Hop! We have lots of amazing inspiration in store for you and thanks to Kylie for inviting me to participate. You are currently visiting my blog Debbie's Designs, Debbie Henderson from the USA and you'll be visiting lots of different places & countries in our hop today. I'll have the list of our 20 amazing participating Stampin' Up! demonstrators at the end of my post!
Since this is World Card Making Day (October 1st), and because we are featuring demonstrators from all over the world, I thought the Places You'll Go stamp set would be the perfect choice for my card today:
I've been itching to use our new Mica Flakes which come in White, Gold & Green as a trio pack. I love how the Mica Flakes look in a Shaker Card. Here's a close-up so you can see what I mean:
I also added a little bit of shimmer to my die-cut heart that sits atop my globe using the Clear Wink Of Stella and I topped the heart off with an In-Color Enamel Shapes heart.
For my sentiment, I stamped on the edge of a piece of Emerald Envy Cardstock and cut out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch to create the look you see here:
- Card Base: Emerald Envy Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold in the center at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Tip Top Taupe Cardstock 3-7/8" x 5-1/8". Stamp the wreath image several times on the cardstock layer using Tip Top Taupe Ink. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Neutrals Paper Stack 1-1/4" x 5-1/8". Glue about 1/2" from the left.
- Layer #5: Whisper White Cardstock 3-1/4" x 3-3/4". Stamp the globe stand image using Basic Black Ink. Cut out a hole using the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. Stamp the airplane using Tip Top Taupe Ink.
- Layer #6: Window Sheet 2-3/4" x 3-1/2". Stamp the globe image using StazOn Jet Black Ink. Line-up the globe image to fit inside to hole on the reverse side of Layer #5 and glue in place. Add Foam Strips around the circle. Fill with Mica Flakes and set aside.
- Layer #7: Whisper White Cardstock 2-3/4" x 3-1/2". Stamp the background for the globe using the stamp image from the Work Of Art stamp set. Remove backing from foam strip and press this layer over the foam. Using Linen Thread, tie around this layer twice and tie into a bow. Glue shaker layer to card front at an angle.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on the bottom edge of a scrap piece of Emerald Envy Cardstock. Cut out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch and glue in place at the bottom of Layer #7.
- Bling: Cut a small heart using the die from the Gift Card Envelope Die and color the heart with Clear Wink Of Stella. Glue in place over the globe with a small piece of Stampin' Dimensionals. Glue a heart-shaped In-Color Enamel Shape to the heart.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please use the list below to visit some more amazing ideas and inspiration for World Card Making Day. Remember that you are currently on my blog, Debbie Henderson and you can continue by clicking on the names below on our list:
- Stamps: Places You'll Go, Work Of Art
- Cardstock: Emerald Envy, Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White
- DSP: Neutrals Paper Stack
- Inks: Basic Black, Stazon Jet Black, Tip Top Taupe
- Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Window Sheets, Foam Strips, Mica Flakes Trio Pack, Clear Wink Of Stella, Gift Card Envelope Dies
- Accessories: Linen Thread, In-Color Enamel Shapes