September 18, 2016

Wedding Card in Dapper Denim!

My son Greg and his girlfriend Jesi visited last weekend because they were attending a wedding. One of Greg's best buddies from high school was getting married. Greg lives almost 5 hours away from us and about 30 minutes before he arrived, he called me to say "Hey Mom, by the way, I need a wedding card"! So his idea was to text me a photo of the invite to see how close I could come to it. Stop by to quickly say Hi and pick up the card and be on their merry way. I am not loading the photo of the invite because it includes names and addresses but this is what I came up with:



The card is the same color as the invite but I added additional layers. The invite also had the same light swag that you see at the top. It was pretty neat how close I came to the actual invite. And of course I only had 30 minutes to whip up a card. Due to the wedding activities and having to drive back home early on Sunday, I did not get to spend much time with both kiddo's. I still call them kids even if they are almost 30. Mom's can do that right?


So here is a close-up of the card so you can see the Gold Embossing Powder and White Embossing Powder in action. I ended up coloring the inside of each light using my Dapper Denim Stampin' Write Marker:



I added 2 of the (Dapper Denim) In Color Enamel Shaped hearts beside the sentiment which was plenty to finish off my card. I hope Jeremy and his new wife loved the card as much as we did!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Confetti Celebration, Rose Wonder
  • Inks: VersaMark, Dapper Denim Stampin' Write Marker
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Dapper Denim
  • Accessories: In Color Enamel Shapes
  • Tools: Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Stampin' Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I'm sure it comes very, very close to the invite. My kids are in there 40' & 50's and I still call them "the kids". Oh yeah, I like your knew photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh! You did awesome for a last minute throw it together thing. Very cool. I'm almost 50 and I'm still my mom kid, one of them anyway anyway. THe ones still living at home get called kids more often and they in their 40s and one of them isn't hers. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly