September 19, 2016

Control Freaks September Blog Hop!



Happy Fall, Y'all and welcome to our September Control Freaks Blog Hop. You are in for some great inspiration from myself & my teammates this month. If you arrived here from Cindy Elam's blog, didn't her beautiful projects just make you want to skip over to your stamp room? I will direct you to the next stop at the bottom of my post!


As for myself, I've created 3 fall-ish projects for you this month, here are all three of them in a group shot:


 

And I'll talk a little about them individually. For my first card I used the Vintage Leaves stamp set and created my own background using Mint Macaron, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede Inks:



Once my background was created,  I used the Hello You Thinlits Dies to cut out the word "happy". I also cut out two more of the word "happy" using Watercolor Paper. I used the Project Life Corner Punch on the two bottom corners and glued my layer to a Soft Suede Cardstock card base which also has the two bottom corners rounded. I then glued the two watercolor paper words back into the die-cut hole, on top of each other, and added the cardstock wording on top of that to create a raised effect. If you do this, don't forget to keep all the little guts from the first layer so you can insert them back into the holes. I then colored the word with Gold Wink Of Stella. The word "F-A-L-L" was stamped using the letters from some of the words in the Sunshine Sayings stamp set and hand-cut. How neat!


For card #2 I partially embossed the Copper Foil Sheet with the Pretty Paisley's Embossing Folder. I love how the embossing looks on the Copper Foil Sheet:



I then glued layer upon layer created using the Christmas Pines and Basket Of Wishes stamp sets. The coordinating Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies were perfect to add all of the die-cut branches and leaves. I am from Maine so the pinecones and everything else from this set were first on my list from the!


For my final card I wanted to create a card using Punch Art and framelits to create a scarecrow. The only stamping done on this card is the sentiment from the Ready To Pop stamp set:



Here are the tools I used on my scarecrow in case you would like to replicate him:
  • Face & Partial Hat: Lots Of Labels Framelits Dies 
  • Hat Brim: Trim the ends with a large circle punch
  • Sunflower: Petite Petals Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch
  • Eyes: 1/2" Circle Punch (with the eyelids using one cut in half) and 1/4" Handheld Punch
  • Nose: Hand-cut
  • Hair: Burlap Ribbon cut and split
  • Mouth and stitches: Hand-drawn
I will now direct you to my super-talented teammate Amy Koenders blog by clicking on the link below and make sure you visit all of my teammates! Happy Fall Y'All!



9 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been busy! 3 completely different projects and all so full of beautiful fall colors! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! The copper foil embossed card is stunning and I love the pretty fall leaves and cute scarecrow on the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - three awesome fall cards! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three awesome cards Debbie. The colorful leaves and the copper foil ones are so beautiful. And the scarecrow one? I might have to CASE it for my great-grandson...it's adorable. Thanks for the "tools" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ALL the cards, but that scarecrow just makes me smile all over my face! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From cute to elegant - such lovely fall cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep forgetting about that Paisley's folder...and I love how it looks on cards! Your scarecrow is wonderful, too! Great job with all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all - they are all so different. That scarecrow is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great and truly capture the essence of fall. As much as I want to do fall cards and fall themes, I just can't seem to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly