August 21, 2016

Thoughtful Branches Sunflower!

I'm a little late posting today. I had this card all loaded to my blog and didn't finish my post....oops! So the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies have been SO POPULAR! And I can't believe they are not sold out yet. Stampin' Up! did a great job stocking up on this bundle so keep buying before it officially does run out!


I have a new card today using the bundle in a different way. I've seen a few cards on Pinterest using the leaf to create a sunflower. What do you think of my version:



I stamped the leaves of the tree lots of times on a So Saffron Cardstock piece and cut out 14 leaves with the die. I scored each leaf in the center to create a fold.


For the center of the flower, I first stamped the leaves image on Tip Top Taupe Cardstock using Early Espresso Ink, cutting the image out with the die and then cutting a circle with the 2" Circle Punch. I cut a 2nd piece of cardstock with the 2" Circle Punch using Early Espresso Cardstock and glued both layers together.


I added adhesive to the back of the circle and started building my flower by adding the leaves around the flower. You have to make sure you overlap them as you glue.



Once I finished I glued a Classy Designer Button in the center which was threaded with a piece of string I cut off the Burlap Ribbon.


For the Vellum Cardstock layer I stamped the sentiment by inking with VersaMark Ink first followed by Early Espresso Ink and sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder. I carefully used my Heat Tool to melt the powder. The vellum was then adhered using a Stapler on one end and I added tiny dots of liquid glue under some of the letters on the other end:


 
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Thoughtful Branches
  • Inks: VersaMark, Early Espresso, So Saffron
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, So Saffron, Tip Top Taupe, Vellum
  • DSP: Serene Scenery
  • Tools: Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies, Stapler, Stampin' Dimensionals, 2" Circle Punch, Glue Dots
  • Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Classy Designer Buttons
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant Miss Debbie! Thank you for sharing all the details. I can't wait to CASE this. Thoughtful Branches and its die set has become my favorite bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and thank you for the how to, much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loving the dimension on the sunflower and the journaling on the vellum. This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and pretty; thanks for showing us how versatile Thoughtful Branches is. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wow! Wow! This is awesome! So creative. This special set just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!