August 25, 2016

Thoughtful Branches Once Again!

It sometimes can be very comical where one finds inspiration for a project. Last night my husband and I took our beagle Ruger for an ATV ride and while we were going through the trails in the woods, my little light bulb went off. Of course as one sits riding, it is peaceful and quiet while admiring Mother Nature at work and one's mind keeps working overtime. It's hard not to!


This is a photo of our ATV and as you can see in this photo below, Ruger loves to ride. We have a dog bed for him in the back and we even have an extension on our canvas top that ties above him and to the back so he can't fall out and it also shields him from the sun. Yes he is quite spoiled!



So as we were riding last night, I was admiring all of the grassy fields and that's when an idea was born for this card using the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies:



My thought this time was to stamp and cut a bunch of the tree leaves shape and use these to add layer upon layer at the bottom for the leafy grass. I love how this idea turned out. I have 2-3 layers in some areas:



I started out by first stamping my trees, some lighter than others by stamping twice without re-inking my stamps. I then added the sentiment and birds:


 
The mountains in the background were actually an afterthought. I tore a scrap piece of cardstock to use as a stencil and sponged the mountain layers in place. It really added so much to my card. I love the way everything worked so well together to create a masterpiece.
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Thoughtful Branches
  • Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Smoky Slate, Tangerine Tango, Garden Green
  • Cardstock: Garden Green, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White 
  • Tools: Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers
And I leave you with this photo of Ruger napping in our ATV. Doesn't he look comfy? What a life!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Nice card. I love to see multiple uses for stamps and dies. I also love to see other spoiled fur kidss. You have one lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet dog and one can easily tell that he loves his family and what you do! Your card idea is amazing, a lot of work but fabulous! Pat's to Ruger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet dog and one can easily tell that he loves his family and what you do! Your card idea is amazing, a lot of work but fabulous! Pat's to Ruger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruger lives the good life for sure! I like how you used the branches for on the ground greenery. It works really well. Such a peaceful nature scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. I love how you used leaves for ground cover and the way you did the mountains. Ruger is one spoiled...scratch that...well loved dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! And oh that Ruger! He had a rough start in life but he sure is comfy now! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Debbie; so inventive and beautiful... I'm so glad I bought this set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!