August 13, 2016

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!



Good Morning and welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop! Before I show you my project I just want to remind you that our August Mini is live at Create with Connie & Mary:



With projects using stamp sets from the ANNUAL CATALOG!  Aren't you excited!  So many GREAT new items!!!   PLUS...we have a HOLIDAY SPECIAL with a SNEAK PEEK card set featuring Star of Light in the new HOLIDAY CATALOG! Isn't that exciting?   
  • Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects...THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club or stamp camp!
  • All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
  • Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month 
Stamp sets used:  
Foxy Friends, Fresh Fruits, Blooms & Wishes, 
Always an Adventure, Jar of Love
*******************************

Now on to today's blog hop project. This week we are featuring "Would you like to Swing on a Star". How better to showcase a star by including a Star Fold Card:


I used the Moroccan Designer Paper and the Star Fold directions that you can find here on Split Coast Stampers: Star Fold Card. Once I had my score lines and folds in place it was time to decorate the front of the card:



I used the Confetti Celebration stamp set to stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using Bermuda Bay Ink. The oval shape was cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies. This oval measures 2" long. I glued the oval only part-way on one of the folded points of the star as shown below so the card can still open:



The stars were cut using the Stars Framelits Dies. I cut one using Silver Glimmer Paper, one using Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the 3rd one from the stamp set inked using Dapper Denim Ink on Whisper White Cardstock.



For the inside of the card, I actually traced the triangle shape of the card and cut 1/4" from the line on the inside to make the triangle smaller to fit inside. The stamped images are from the same stamp set used for the front of the card.


Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics:



http://www.becreativewithnicole.com/swing-on-a-star/



http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2016/08/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop-swing-on-star.html

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Confetti Celebration
  • Inks: Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
  • DSP: Moroccan
  • Tools: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stars Framelits Dies
 

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Had not seen this folder before. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Had not seen this folder before. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the star fold. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had not seen this card fold before; thanks for sharing. I love the colors. A great idea for a fancy gift tag in lieu of bows for gifts that I ship - no crushed bows, but still a finished look to the wrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly