August 28, 2016

Split-Panel Layered Card Using Garden In Bloom!

It's Sunday, I know....I don't have a new video. I am still filling in working fulltime at my old job from over 10 years ago and I can't seem to grasp any free time to video with you! I only have a few weeks left to work and I'll be home again so hopefully I can get back to normal. Today I am posting a card I am calling a "Split-Panel Layered Card". My words, my card right?

 

Notice how I stamped in the center of my Whisper White Cardstock layer and then covered most of the edges with 2 layers of cardstock?


 
I also stamped and cut additional leaves and a flower to add to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. I love how the Pearl Jewels really dress up this card. Want to make one just like it? Here you go:
 
  • Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4". Stamp the outline of the flowers from the Garden In Bloom stamp set using Peekaboo Peach Ink. Fill the flowers with the inside image stamp inked in Blushing Bride Ink. Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Cut 2 pieces of Crumb Cake Cardstock, one measuring 3/4" x 5-1/4" and one measuring 1-1/2" x 5-1/4". Stamp the sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set using Garden Green Ink on the bottom of the large cardstock piece. Cut 2 pieces of Old Olive Cardstock measuring 1/2" x 5-1/4" and glue them to the underside of each cardstock, showing about 1/8" border when you flip them over. Glue and layer both pieces using Stampin' Dimensionals on each end of the white layer, even with the outside edges.
  • Flower: Stamp 1 additional flower and hand-cut. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Leaves: Stamp the outline of the leaves using Garden Green Ink 6 times to create 6 leaves. Stamp the inside image using Old Olive Ink. Hand-cut all of the leaves. Glue 3 tucked around the flower as shown and glue the other 3 somewhere on the stamped panel, tucking some under the layers.
  • Bling: Add Pearl Jewels to the center of each flower.
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Garden In Bloom, Thoughtful Banners
  • Inks: Peekaboo Peach, Blushing Bride, Garden Green, Old Olive
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Love this design, Debbie. It's a great card and I have to CASE it with your instructions. This can very a very versatile card with the change of the sentiment and DSP. Perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Debbie. Love the design and thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, dainty and something I could see using often.thanks Deb....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, dainty and something I could see using often.thanks Deb....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!