Yay, the weekend is here which means a new Saturday Blog Hop with my teammates at Create with Connie & Mary. The theme today is "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head". It's quite ironic because our summer has been so dry here in Maine. The farmers have been begging for rain all summer and to no avail! You watch though, the harvesting of potatoes will be starting within the next two weeks and I bet it will rain!
I had this idea in my head to use the Tree Builder Punch to make layer upon layer of clouds. I even a
added some Smoky Slate Cardstock-colored clouds in the mix:
The Weather Together stamp set was perfect for this theme. Isn't the umbrella adorable? I even colored some of it with Gold Wink Of Stella:
- Card Base: Soft Suede Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4".
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" x 5". Stamp the raindrops using Smoky Slate & Bermuda Bay Inks. Stamp the sentiment about 3/4" from the bottom and to the right using Bermuda Bay Ink. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Clouds: Cut out clouds with the Tree Builder Punch using Whisper White & Smoky Slate Cardstocks. Glue the first row of white clouds upside-down. All of the clouds are glued in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Umbrella: Stamp the umbrella using Melon Mambo Ink and color some of the areas using Gold Wink Of Stella. Stamp the handle using Smoky Slate Ink and color with the Gold Wink Of Stella. Cut both pieces out using the Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies. I cut the handle in two pieces about 1/2" from the top to make the handle longer when gluing it to the umbrella. Glue in place on your card front using Stampin' Dimensionals
- Bling: Add Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
- Stamps: Weather Together
- Inks:Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate
- Cardstock: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Smoky Slate
- Tools: Tree Builder Punch, Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Gold Wink Of Stella
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels