August 27, 2016

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!



Welcome to a new Saturday Blog Hop with my teammates from Create with Connie & Mary. Today our theme for the hop is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". I immediately thought of my Fringe Scissors and layer upon layer of rainbow colors:




Each strip measures 1" x 4-1/4" and I used Perfect Plum, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Real Red Cardstocks. Once I had all the strips fringed, I glued the bottom color first and then layered them by overlapping about 1/4" on top of each other. The very top is a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut with the border die from the Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies. I then stamped a border at the top from the Butterfly Basics stamp set in Perfect Plum Ink.




For the other layers I used the branch die from the Flourish Thinlits Dies with the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the sentiment is from the Starburst Saying stamp set. I stamped using Perfect Plum Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and cut the shape using the 1-1/2" Circle Punch.




Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Starburst Sayings
  • Inks: Perfect Plum
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
  • Tools:  Fringe Scissors, Stampin' Dimensionals, Flourish Thinlits Dies, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies

Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics:



http://www.becreativewithnicole.com



http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2016/08/ccmc-saturday-blog-hop-rainbow.html

 

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Love your rainbow card. Just fun and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! I've done this before - makes such a neat card! A favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute...have to look for fringed scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now! This is fun. I have some fringed scissors, thought of a million times I could have used them so I bought them and never do they cross my mind now. This is totally cool looking. I like that glimmer paper with the rainbow of primary colors. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly