The inspiration for this card is right-smack-dab from the Holiday Catalog. I changed it up some but loved the idea of the multiple ways to fill or decorate the jars from the Jar Of Haunts stamp set:
I stamped all of the jar images first and then water-colored the inside of most of them. An Aqua Painter is the best way to achieve this look. Just squish the center of your ink pad before you open it, and you'll have some ink color to play with on the inside of the cover. Swish the Aqua Painter into the ink and brush it on!
- Card Base: Rich Razzleberry Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" x 5". Stamp two of the jar images at the top, centered and stamp 3 more jar images below the first two. Here are the jar details for each jar:
- Jar #1 (top left). Use the Smoky Slate Ink Pad and the Aqua Painter to color the whole jar. Stamp the sentiment using Tangerine Tango Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the spider image over the sentiment at the bottom using Basic Black Ink. Cut out using the 1-1/2" Circle Punch. Glue the circle to the jar using Stampin' Dimensionals. Add a small bow under the circle using the Silver Ribbon.
- Jar #2: Stamp the candy corn image twice using Basic Black Ink. Color the candy corn using the Aqua Painter, So Saffron Ink and Tangerine Tango Ink. Swish a little bit of the Smoky Slate Ink at the bottom of the jar.
- Jar #3: Color the jar using Rich Razzleberry Ink and the Aqua Painter. Stamp a few spiders inside the jar.
- Jar #4: Color the jar using Tangerine Tango Ink and the Aqua Painter. Stamp the pumpkin face image using Basic Black Ink.
- Jar #5: Stamp the dripping goo image at the top of the jar using Basic Black Ink. Color the jar using Old Olive Ink and the goo using Smoky Slate Ink with an Aqua Painter.
- Glue the white cardstock layer to the card base.
- Stamps: Jar Of Haunts
- Cardstock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
- Inks: Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Smoky Slate
- Tools: Stampin' Dimesionals, Aqua Painter, 1-1/2" Circle Punch, Glue Dots
- Accessories: Silver Ribbon