August 12, 2016

Holiday Catalog Sneak Peek #5!

I was on the fence about the new stamp set Jolly Friends from the upcoming Holiday Catalog, but once I spied the moose image, I had to have it! Living in Maine, it is quite common to spy a huge moose in our travels. I've been filling in full-time at our local University for someone that had knee surgery (my old job) and a few days ago, I spied one on my way to work. He was in a field to my right, casually working his way towards the main road. It is also common that these animals are the cause of very serious accidents, sometimes deadly. Their fur is so dark that it blends in with night time darkness and you don't see them until it's too late.


So I started out with Tip Top Taupe Cardstock and repeatedly stamped the moose image using Tip Top Taupe Ink over the background. I then stamped one more moose on Whisper White Cardstock, hand-cut him and place him over a moose on my card base using Stampin' Dimensionals:



Next I stamped the hat in Real Red Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and the brim of the hat on Pear Pizzazz Cardstock using Pear Pizzazz Ink. The Jolly Hat Builder Punch made it easy to cut both pieces out and glue them to my moose. Did yo notice the cute bling at the tip of my hat? I used Glue Dots to glue the Mini Jingle Bell in place:


 
For the sentiment, I stamped the Merry Christmas in Pear Pizzazz Ink on Whisper White Cardstock from the Greetings From Santa stamp set and glued the layer to the bottom of my card base. I added some Cherry Cobbler Metallic Thread above the sentiment to add color!
 
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Jolly Friends, Greetings From Santa
  • Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Tip Top Taupe
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Tip Top Taupe
  • Accessories: Mini Jingle Bells, Metallic Thread Combo Pack
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Jolly Hat Builder Punch, Glue Dots 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
*************************************



Our AUGUST 2016 MINI SESSION is going strong at Create with Connie & Mary. With projects using stamp sets from the ANNUAL CATALOG!  Aren't you excited!  So many GREAT new items!!!   PLUS...we have a HOLIDAY SPECIAL with a SNEAK PEEK card set featuring Star of Light in the new HOLIDAY CATALOG! Isn't that exciting?   
  • Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects...THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club or stamp camp!
  • All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
  • Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month 
Stamp sets used:  
Foxy Friends, Fresh Fruits, Blooms & Wishes, 
Always an Adventure, Jar of Love

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Check out this fun card! That hat is so cute. I love that this has a normal greeting on it and not "Merry Christmoose"!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly