August 16, 2016

Gingerbread Reindeer?

How are you liking my Sneak Peeks of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog that is almost here? Am I making you drool yet? So a few coordinating products are making their way to you soon that I just love. Not only do we have a gingerbread-shaped punch called the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch....we have two coordinating stamp sets! WooHoo I love it when that happens! We have the Cookie Cutter Christmas and the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp sets. Today I am using the Christmas one:



So where is the cookie on this card? Turn the reindeer upside-down and you'll see the shape of the gingerbread! I stamped 3 of them using Early Espresso Ink and I stamped one more using Real Red Ink. I cut the nose only from the red one and glued it over the espresso one:


The inspiration for this card came from the Holiday Catalog. I changed up the cardstock and designer paper layers (cause I can do that!), and added the Vellum Cardstock layer  before adding the trio or punch art reindeer. Here are the measurements for you because I just know you're going to want this bundle:
  • Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center and fold.
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Candy Cane Lane Designer paper 5" x 3-3/4". Glue to card front.
  • Layer #4: Vellum Cardstock 2" x 4-1/4". Glue to card front about 1-1/2" from the top. TIP: I added glue to the vellum where I knew the reindeer would cover so it wouldn't show through!
  • Reindeer: Stamp (4) reindeer, (3) using Early Espresso Ink and (1) using Real Red Ink. Hand-cut the nose from the Real Red reindeer and glue to one of the Early Espresso reindeer. Use the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch to cut all 3 reindeers. Glue them over the vellum, using Stampin' Dimensionals for the one in the center.
  • Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Early Espresso Ink below the vellum layer.
Stampin' Up! supplies:
  • Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Vellum, Crumb Cake
  • Designer Paper: Candy Cane Lane
  • Inks: Early Espresso, Real Red
  • Tools: Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 
 
debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love that the gingerbread man shape can be used to punch out these deer! Too cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Debbie. Your sneak peeks aren't helping me wait "patiently" for the Holiday Catalog ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!