August 3, 2016

Hinged Card Re-invented!

For today's post, I am posting an idea that was presented to me by a new reader of mine. Hi Donna! So without going more into it, here was Donna's idea using the Sunshine  Wishes Thinlits Dies:




So this is a "Hinged Card". But first I want to talk about the idea that Donna had. She asked if I could use the flower die from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies and create the bow topper for the card. Isn't it darling? And you can see how I created the hinged portion of my card below:




I even have all the measurements and steps for you too!
  • Card Base: Whisper White Cardstock 7-3/4" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 3-7/8" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 3-7/8" x 4-1/4". Stamp the sentiment from the Tin Of Cards stamp set using Emerald Envy Ink at the very top and to the right. Set aside.
  • Bow: Using the flower from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Die, cut (1) using Tempting Turquoise Cardstock and (1) using Melon Mambo Cardstock. Snip off the stems and glue to the top of the card base layered. Glue Layer #2 over the card base even at the sides and over the bows. This will cover the bottom of the bows where you glued them and make it look clean.
  • Layer #3: Festive Birthday Designer Paper  2-3/8" x 4-1/4". Glue to the bottom of Layer #2 making sure the sentiment is showing.
  • Layer #4: Festive Birthday Designer Paper 1-3/4" x 4-1/4". Attach to the top left-hand corner with a brad. This will serve as the hinge portion of your card. This layer should overlap the first layer of designer paper when in the closed position.
  • Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the Oh Happy Day stamp set using Whisper White Cardstock and Emerald Envy Ink. Cut out using the Layering Circles Framelits Dies (mine measures1-7/8" wide). Layer over a 2nd circle a step larger using Melon Mambo Cardstock and Stampin' Dimesionals. Glue to the front of the card by adding glue to the bottom half only. You want the hinge portion of the card to open.
  • Embellish: add a row of 3 stars from the Metallic Enamel Shapes below the hinge layer of the card.



Close-ups of the bow at the top and the Metallic Enamel Shapes below:



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Tin Of Cards, Oh Happy Day
  • Inks: Emerald Envy
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise
  • DSP: Festive Birthday
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies
  • Accessories: Metallics Enamel Shapes, Mini Brads (retired)
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Debbie! How sweet of you to call-out a "hi" to me! I will save this forever! You've really done such a beautiful project with this! My thinlits just arrived today... Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. way to go my friend Donna, you are so smart! I miss you

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly