August 22, 2016

Cindy's Workshop!

I demonstrated at a workshop on Friday and I did a little something different. I always create a Facebook Event page and asked my locals this question: "Are you on the fence about a certain stamp set in the Annual Catalog? Maybe you haven't seen enough samples to say yes? List it here and if I have it, I will choose one to demonstrate at Cindy's Workshop!". So the samples you are seeing today are stamp sets that were mentioned in my Facebook post.


The first card was a request from Cindy herself to learn how to create a "Shaker Card". I used the Jar Of Love stamp set and the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies:

It is so neat to be able to stamp and cut with coordinating products to create such a pretty card. I used the Foam Adhesive Strips to create the Shaker Card after I glued a Window Sheet over the hole in the jar. How did I cut the center of my jar? I used a 1" Circle Punch to punch out two circles which made it easier for me to insert my scissors to cut the inside:



For card #2, it was again Cindy that asked about using the Feather Together stamp set to create a masculine card. You know me, I love to create masculine cards! Even added a little splash of the Peekaboo Peach Ink keeps this card masculine:



The sequins I used on this card were actually left-overs from the June Paper Pumpkin Kit. The colors of the sequins were so perfect to match the ink colors I used:



For my last card, Vicki wanted me to come up with a project using the Thoughts & Branches stamp set and the Beautiful Branches Thinlits Dies. I found a card on Pinterest that was create by Kim Jolley and I thought it was so neat how she turned the tree leaves into a pumpkin!


 
I added a few leaves & branches to my little stump at the top and also cut into the Burlap Ribbon to get 3 strips of ribbon out of it to tie into a double-knot and staple in place:



All of the layers of my pumpkin are glued to an oval that was embossed with the new Pretty Paisleys Embossing Folder that you'll find in the Holiday Catalog soon! It's the perfect size to add to a background and it was perfect to add my sentiment to:



Thanks so everyone that attended Cindy's workshop. Both Cindy and I appreciate you coming!


 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. These cards are very inspiration and show great examples of sets from the catalog. The pumpkin made me scream. People are doing such creative things with that set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!